Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

What features did I order? - Early Impressions

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I just completed 1500 miles on my new MS. Here are some early impressions about my option choices:

1. AP2 - 5K - A must have. works well, but with caveats. At 5PM, driving down the freeway on Auto Pilot for at least 45 mins, after a crazy day at the office you pretty much feel you have your ROI. It also reduces the stress level when you have 3 kids in the back seat and are stuck in terrible traffic. Absolutely no regrets.

2. Leather - 3.5K - After driving Audi's and BMW's for 10 years, the finish on the leather leaves a little to be desired. the easy to clean feature is something that the wife loves though. We got the tan leather with the light headliner - not a great choice for someone with tykes that have grubby hands ! Left to myself, I would save the money and get the basic trim - but then ordering an approximately 80k car without leather? Something to think about !!

3. PP - 3.5k - Absolute, total waste of money. Don't get it. I regret I did.

4. Premium Audio - 2k - I did not get this and I am glad I did not, one of my audis had the bang and olufsen system and I am spoilt, the base tesla speakers are pretty good for me though!

5. Glass Roof - no charge- We agonized about getting the sun roof vs this. I like our choice. the Glass roof adds a bit of the wow factor every time we get in.

• Informative
Reactions: geometro