Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

What features MUST I know about in TeslaFi?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I finally created a TeslaFi account. It's a bit overwhelming, and I probably don't need 90% of the features.

That being said, what are the basic things I really should look out for and keep track of? I guess I'm mostly looking to make sure my battery is healthy, that it's efficient, and I have minimal vampire drain. My car is only 2.5 months old, and I've only had TeslaFi for around a week.

One specific question I had is, it the car has been sleeping 61% of the time, driving 2% of the time, and idling 37% of the time. What's the difference between sleeping and idling?

Thanks!

One specific question I had is, it the car has been sleeping 61% of the time, driving 2% of the time, and idling 37% of the time. What's the difference between sleeping and idling?

Sleeping the car is offline and consumes a lot less power (50W or less). When idle the car is online and consumes about 250W I think, which is a mile an hour or so. Teslafi gets the car to sleep by not pinging the car after 30 minutes (by default) for a 15 minute period. So if you drive the car during those fifteen minutes it won't start recording data until the end of that 15 minute period. You can log in to teslafi and tell it to start polling the car to stop trying to sleep if you want it to record a drive then.

Edit: Due to the above TeslaFi will result in a bit more vampire drain. As without TeslaFi your car goes to sleep shortly after you park it, but with TeslaFi it goes to sleep shortly after 30 minutes after you park it. You can adjust the 30 minutes down at the risk of losing data for short drives.

Reactions: Phlier and RScottyL
One thing I just set up is I scheduled my charge to increase to 90% (from 80%) and start charging about an hour before I leave in the morning to warm the battery in the winter. Then at 12pm it changes the charge limit back to 80%...pretty nifty
This can be done without a monthly subscription, among many other tricks by using Automagic and Tesla Tasker Plugin for a minimal fee for purchasing the app. I started a thread a while ago on how to do this:
How To: Automate Preheating/Cooling, Google Play Music (or others) starting automatically, etc!

I like going to the charging menu and clicking on battery and see my range over time. This is a good indication of overall battery health. I utilize the calendar view also to show me how efficient I have been over the month and what I have spent on charging vs gas etc. The software tracker can be useful to see who in the fleet is getting updates and where you stand vs the rest.

Reactions: Rothgarr
Make sure you go into Settings>Sleep Modes and fine tune the settings. There is good advice on that page about how to set things (and don't forget to click the Save Settings button after changing things!). Properly set up your car will thank you.

No need to answer your question as it will keep recording your data irrespective of what you do. Explore at leisure and dwell on what interests you.

I just found out today that if you click on the map presented next to each drive or charge report the raw data it used to generate that report is graphed and tabulated.