Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

What front windshield sun shade to buy?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Only windshield cover I use for all my cars - Covercraft UVS100. Exact/custom fit and works, period.

Attachments

• 13F1B157-8C80-4C02-BE8E-931A58A6E40D.jpeg
    13F1B157-8C80-4C02-BE8E-931A58A6E40D.jpeg
    438.7 KB · Views: 494
  • E0BD29BE-53E8-45B8-B53B-B1F4CDEEB268.jpeg
    E0BD29BE-53E8-45B8-B53B-B1F4CDEEB268.jpeg
    631.2 KB · Views: 303
Reactions: RobW2428
Type S Jumbo Sunshade at Target. Stays in place without having to lower the sun visors.

Typs S Jumbo Automotive Sunshade

I bought that, based on your comment, but I am not particularly happy with it. It is a forced fit, with no provision for fitting around the rear view mirror. And although you "can" avoid using the sun visors, using them does help keep them in place and is the easiest part of installing them. I may need more practice. But I now wish i had spent more time looking at options. Nonetheless, they are helping to keep the sun off my dash for the moment. And they were cheap and were delivered quickly.

I bought that, based on your comment, but I am not particularly happy with it. It is a forced fit, with no provision for fitting around the rear view mirror. And although you "can" avoid using the sun visors, using them does help keep them in place and is the easiest part of installing them. I may need more practice. But I now wish i had spent more time looking at options. Nonetheless, they are helping to keep the sun off my dash for the moment. And they were cheap and were delivered quickly.

Sorry about that. Didn't mean to steer you wrong. I've been using these popup shades for decades.
I can put them up in less than 20 seconds. Although it does take a little practice to make them bend around the rearview mirror mount. When not in use they take up almost no space. I keep them stowed between the center console and the passenger seat.

2IMG_20200805_114028131 copy.jpg
4IMG_20200805_114115515 copy.jpg

Sorry about that. Didn't mean to steer you wrong. I've been using these popup shades for decades.
I can put them up in less than 20 seconds. Although it does take a little practice to make them bend around the rearview mirror mount. When not in use they take up almost no space. I keep them stowed between the center console and the passenger seat.

View attachment 573065 View attachment 573066

I think part of my problem is that I have not yet mastered the art of folding them. The instructions say they will "automatically" form three loops when folded, but I have yet to achieve that, so I just chuck them into the back seat and figure I will learn what to do "some day." ;-)

Reactions: Printsrich