Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

What happened to acceleration and regen bar in 2024.14.6?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

Soul Surfer

Cancervivor, tech geek & musician
Any thoughts? My car info is in the signature. O just notice this recently as I wasn’t paying attention before. Tried 2 figure reset and hard reset with brake. Now did a software reinstall. Is this a bug?

Attachments

• IMG_1527.jpeg
    IMG_1527.jpeg
    302.2 KB · Views: 31
Did you try dark mode? The new bar seems fine for me.

I think this update needs some improvement as well though, the audio quick select card is gone (switch from radio to spotify) or I just can't figure out how to find it!

No. But I did pay closer attention this time. Not their best work.
Like many changes similar to this it’s probably about dumbing down things for regular drivers coming from gas. While it makes sense to those of us familiar with Teslas and enthusiasts, most regular people don’t want to be confused by anything extra. In terms of regen this is likely also why they made brakes-compensating-for-low-regen the default.

Reactions: KevinT3141
I think that's right and we can feel it in many areas of the UI. We could get a lot more information during charging for example: battery temperature, what is derating the charging rate etc... but Tesla seem to want to keep it so simple that's it's "just like an ICE". What might work is getting an "advanced UI" option that only the nerds turn on :cool:

I think that's right and we can feel it in many areas of the UI. We could get a lot more information during charging for example: battery temperature, what is derating the charging rate etc... but Tesla seem to want to keep it so simple that's it's "just like an ICE". What might work is getting an "advanced UI" option that only the nerds turn on :cool:
you mean service mode? that's pretty hardcore

Yeah I just spent two weeks with a Polestar and it’s much more like a gas car, way way less techy, fewer settings and all round simpler / less sophisticated. I prefer Tesla and all the extra tech but I can see why many drivers wouldn’t.