Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

What Happens If?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
We have had a MX with HW4 since April and there really hasn’t been much of a change in all of the features that are camera dependent. Given that the cars do not have bumper cameras, I feel like the safety features will always be half baked/incomplete.

As a consumer, if these safety features are not updated and thus somewhat unusable, do we have the ability to go after Tesla? If features promised aren’t delivered.

• Funny
Reactions: ABC2D
We have had a MX with HW4 since April and there really hasn’t been much of a change in all of the features that are camera dependent. Given that the cars do not have bumper cameras, I feel like the safety features will always be half baked/incomplete.

As a consumer, if these safety features are not updated and thus somewhat unusable, do we have the ability to go after Tesla? If features promised aren’t delivered.
It depends on the nature of the "promise." But honestly, I really doubt you have much of a chance at success. No Tesla has ever had cameras on the front bumper. The camera cluster on the windshield is what most of the safety related features are based, and that has worked for many years. What actual SAFETY feature is not active on your vehicle? Yes, I know that some autopilot features are not available on HW4. But I doubt your safety is compromised.

HW4 is secondary priority to HW3 FSD. You bought is white no promises. Think of those who who paid for FSD in 2015-2016 and it’s still not available. They haven’t made in roads.

It depends on the nature of the "promise." But honestly, I really doubt you have much of a chance at success. No Tesla has ever had cameras on the front bumper. The camera cluster on the windshield is what most of the safety related features are based, and that has worked for many years. What actual SAFETY feature is not active on your vehicle? Yes, I know that some autopilot features are not available on HW4. But I doubt your safety is compromised.
Why not install a aftermarket front camera, you need a power source