Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

What has happened with the rollout of V11?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
anyone know how many folks are still stuck on 10.69?
Remains at around 18%. It appears 11.3.6 is just going out to folks with existing 11.3.X installed.

I don’t know what’s happening with 11.3.x rollout, but it appears there has been a conscious decision to hold out some percentage of users in 10.69.x. Don’t know what we did to get in FSDb jail, but I’m 3+ months now since my last firmware update. Plus, even with the latest 11.3.x, the firmware is stuck on the base build from early November, 2022. I have said (for well over a year now, unfortunately) that I would give 11.x a try since it was supposed to be completely rearchitected, but if it is no better I am dropping FSDb altogether. Just not worth the hassle for what amounts to no added value in the operation of the car. NoA is great - the rest of it is worthless.

Last edited:
  • Informative
Reactions: jtsai1031
anyone know how many folks are still stuck on 10.69?
I'm not stuck there. I just updated to 2022.44.25.5 Sunday so it will be at least a few days before I get the invitation to update to the latest. I had put off the Christmas update for as long as possible since I'm not using the FSDb (no point in winter, nor in pothole season) and I didn't feel like dealing with change for change's sake.

The 11.3.6 bigboi push is going out now. Just popped up in my car.
1681279167559.png

97% of FSDb testers (again, according to TeslaFi) either have 11.3.6 or are pending install of 11.3.6. If you aren't in this group, I suggest you put in a ticket with Tesla service because you may have something wrong with your firmware updates.

Remains at around 18%. It appears 11.3.6 is just going out to folks with existing 11.3.X installed.

I don’t know what’s happening with 11.3.x rollout, but it appears there has been a conscious decision to hold out some percentage of users in 10.69.x. Don’t know what we did to get in FSDb jail, but I’m 3+ months now since my last firmware update. Plus, even with the latest 11.3.x, the firmware is stuck on the base build from early November, 2022. I have said (for well over a year now, unfortunately) that I would give 11.x a try since it was supposed to be completely rearchitected, but if it is no better I am dropping FSDb altogether. Just not worth the hassle for what amounts to no added value in the operation of the car. NoA is great - the rest of it is worthless.
The NoA on 11.3.6 is mostly better than the old stack, though I've had one nav failure when it failed to get into the right lane in time (when it could).

The around town driving is as unpredictable as ever, i.e. mostly fine and then occasional random freakout.

• Informative
Reactions: Goose66
When you folks say "got the push" you just mean you got notification to download, right? Or has your car been updated without you doing anything to trigger the installation of V11?

I don't have wifi at home so can only download deliberately when I go to a place with fast, public, wifi in a parking lot (I go to my Tesla SC). But there have been at least 2x that Tesla has pushed an update to me over LTE, so I've arrived at my car in the morning with notification that an update has been installed.

Because this update is moving even non-FSD customers over to the new single stack for highway and streets, I suspect this is an update I'll receive whether I want it or not.

After putting off the Christmas update until Easter Sunday (cuz I didn't want to deal with yet another UI change), I got the download available notice for V11.3.6 on April 13th, so just 4 days later. I haven't done the download yet . Partly I haven't taken the time to do so (it is a 20 minute drive to the SC plus sitting there, plus I do the installs there which, the last one took 37 minutes) but also, AP works just fine for me and I don't want to lose something that is working in favour of something "new" and possibly less reliable. In particular, I'm reading that the audible warning for applying torque to the wheel has gone away and that is necessary for me since, when in AP with my two hands on the wheel and looking out the windshield, (in other words, being an attentive driver monitoring the Beta AP), I don't see the flashing blue screen because I'm paying attention to where the effing car is going at 110 kph. On Thursday, I got the audio warning under just those circumstances so gave the wheel a bit of a yank and avoided a strike. Without the audible warning, that would have been a strike for me.

On the other hand, since I think I'll be forcefully updated, it is better to do so on my own terms rather than try and figure out WTF the car is trying to do under the new AP (and confirm my old settings) as I'm rushing off to work at 6:20 in the morning.