Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

What is best financing rate now?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I just got 3.09% for 84 months from Allegacy (based in NC). I live in Texas.

Have to become a member (takes 5 mins and $20 online) to apply for a loan.

I applied by phone (took 10 mins) and got a call less than 24 hrs later with approval.

10% down required.

Haven't gotten a car loan in ages but this was unbelievably easy.
Are you going to try and ratebeat with lightstream?

Are you going to try and ratebeat with lightstream?
No. I'm done and will reward Allegacy for being so easy and giving me exactly what I wanted. They were my first choice and hit a home run. I strongly recommend them to anyone here. Don't look back.

EDIT: They only beat your existing offer by 0.1% (which would be $2.21 per month in my case).

Last edited:
Reactions: srharris22
No. I'm done and will reward Allegacy for being so easy and giving me exactly what I wanted. They were my first choice and hit a home run. I strongly recommend them to anyone here. Don't look back.

EDIT: They only beat your existing offer by 0.1% (which would be $2.21 per month in my case).
The main reason I'm using Lightstream is to have an unsecured loan.

Reactions: voip-ninja
Actually, the mortgage lenders made a conscious decision to give out subprime loans. They did not think they were low risk. They just didn’t care, because by the time the loans defaulted, they had been packaged, securitized, and resold ten times over, so the original lender was long gone.
50 k plus unsecured is never safe without a rate to cover losses. Ebmcs03 is correct, a few loans going bad plus overhead will quickly wipe out any profit with them charging under prime rates. They’ll figure it out in the next recession

The offer being valid until 9/14 is how long you have until you sign. After you progress past that, you have another timeframe to schedule getting your cash.

I don’t know why I was being so dense on this. Was thinking it’s still July right now!

So, yes, I got approved on 8/15, so have until 9/14 to sign the loan. Then from what others have said can schedule the funds transfer anytime within the next 30 days. Thus, if you want, you could delay funding the loan for up to 60 days following approval.

If I get a call from Tesla anytime soon, I’ll just get the funds on the spot. If by 9/14 I still haven’t heard from Tesla, I’ll just sign the loan and get the funds right then, in case Tesla calls me at some point and says your car is ready now (one can dream).

I don’t know why I was being so dense on this. Was thinking it’s still July right now!

So, yes, I got approved on 8/15, so have until 9/14 to sign the loan. Then from what others have said can schedule the funds transfer anytime within the next 30 days. Thus, if you want, you could delay funding the loan for up to 60 days following approval.

If I get a call from Tesla anytime soon, I’ll just get the funds on the spot. If by 9/14 I still haven’t heard from Tesla, I’ll just sign the loan and get the funds right then, in case Tesla calls me at some point and says your car is ready now (one can dream).

That's my plan too. I set a reminder on my phone for last day to accept loan, just in case. I am hoping of course that my car is ready before then, but who knows :/

Thinking about going with LA Financial Credit Union or ClearPath at 1.99%. I am calling them tomorrow to see if they accept credit card for payment. They'll charge a fee but it may make sense if I use a BofA premium rewards card that earns 2.62%. Will report back.

They did not require a VIN. You likely won't be able to get the money unless you are approved for unsecured.
Been going back and forth with Allegacy for about a week now. They are refusing to give me any sort of documentation that includes a rate (won't even tell me what the rate is) unless I can give them a buyers order with a VIN. Assuming you had that when you were approved by Allegacy?

No, I sent them a buyers order from the website. After you login, use this URL.

https://www.tesla.com/teslaaccount/document-hub/show-document/order-agreement

Our conversation went as follows:

Couple more questions, can you put the rate on that letter?

For insurance, should I wait until I have the policy switched to the new car?

Lastly, does the attached work for everything else?

Thanks!

This email had the buyers order attached from above.

She responded

That will work for the MSRP. And we do not put the rate on there because the rates vary depending on term. As far as the insurance, that is up to you…I just have to have it before we can book the loan.

I responded
Alright, I will let you know when I have a delivery date / my insurance set up for delivery.

I do not need to submit my loan information yet, but based on what I am reading, Tesla requires your letter to have the APR on the letter if you are not using their financing.

I am wanting the max amount of time for the lowest rate, which in this case I believe is 66 months.

She wrote this, and attached a new one with my rate.
Yes, this rate is based on 66 months with an automatic draft.

I think they know what is happening, and don't want to help you be able to rate match.

Also, make sure you specify it is for a Tesla, they have different rules in place for them. My loan officer's name was Dana Shoemaker.