Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

What is differences between 2023 Model and 2022, others

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
One difference is the 2023 models will not have the ultrasonic sensors.

Today, we are taking the next step in Tesla Vision by removing ultrasonic sensors (USS) from Model 3 and Model Y. We will continue this rollout with Model 3 and Model Y, globally, over the next few months, followed by Model S and Model X in 2023.

• Informative
Reactions: ord3r
One difference is the 2023 models will not have the ultrasonic sensors.

Today, we are taking the next step in Tesla Vision by removing ultrasonic sensors (USS) from Model 3 and Model Y. We will continue this rollout with Model 3 and Model Y, globally, over the next few months, followed by Model S and Model X in 2023.

That is not a 2023 MY change, it's a change Tesla made quite some time back.

For @itssobeautiful you need to understand that Tesla does not normally introduce product changes as part of "model year" but simply introduces them mid-stream to production whenever that happens in the calendar year.

For example, Chinese built MY and Berlin built MY got the new door trim many months ago but US production only got them in the past month or so. Similarly Berlin built MY have more bolstered seats and a different stereo speaker setup that have not made their way to other markets.

Tesla position on this is that they build "the best car they can with the parts they can get" and you get whatever you get when they order. If you are counting on new features/production changes you can't time this with a new model year to get them.

The only advantage of getting a new model year car is that arguably you have slightly better resale value if you hold the car for a relatively short (2-5 years say) period of time and sell it. Over the long haul a single year model year production difference won't substantially affect the resale.

For @itssobeautiful you need to understand that Tesla does not normally introduce product changes as part of "model year" but simply introduces them mid-stream to production whenever that happens in the calendar year.

For example, Chinese built MY and Berlin built MY got the new door trim many months ago but US production only got them in the past month or so. Similarly Berlin built MY have more bolstered seats and a different stereo speaker setup that have not made their way to other markets.

Tesla position on this is that they build "the best car they can with the parts they can get" and you get whatever you get when they order. If you are counting on new features/production changes you can't time this with a new model year to get them.

The only advantage of getting a new model year car is that arguably you have slightly better resale value if you hold the car for a relatively short (2-5 years say) period of time and sell it. Over the long haul a single year model year production difference won't substantially affect the resale.
Thanks sir. How can I find the every updare for Europe and Chinese factory cars? I love updates so much, I love to read and learn what are they in my phone software OS, apps etc. I want to check my future car Tesla's updates too

This is a 2023+ MY change, the cars are no longer coming with ultrasonic sensors. You are probably thinking about the radar sensor that was removed from the cars a while back.

Reactions: Lleo and ord3r
How can I find informations about differences among years? For instance 2023 updates, 2022 updates, 2021 updates etc..
It was being tracked on this thread, but hasn't been updated since July.

Thanks sir. How can I find the every updare for Europe and Chinese factory cars? I love updates so much, I love to read and learn what are they in my phone software OS, apps etc. I want to check my future car Tesla's updates too
I don't have an answer for you on this, perhaps try google searching. There are a lot of very tiny updates Tesla makes that can be hard to keep track of but there are probably websites that provide/track this info.

This is a 2023+ MY change, the cars are no longer coming with ultrasonic sensors. You are probably thinking about the radar sensor that was removed from the cars a while back.
You're right I was confusing the deletion of the ultrasound parking sensors with the removal of the forward looking radar that happened this year or last.

However, I think the parking sensor deletion has happened immediately and doesn't necessarily converge directly with changeover to 22/23 model years. I don't think anyone has yet gotten a 2023 VIN for a model y.

Reactions: Made in CA
It was being tracked on this thread, but hasn't been updated since July.

Thank you so much, do you have model 3 too?

I’m waiting for any statements or hints at a slight redesign for the Model 3. 2023 will mark the 5th year of the model 3 in current form ie. front and rear bumpers, lights, overall shape, newer suspension, perhaps wider panels or wheelbase…

Wondering if there is any plan for an M3 ‘2.0’ or revised exterior/interior in the world much as model S was in 2021+. I know Tesla does incremental updates. Just curious when those incremental ones will actually result in a revised fascia/style.

Given M3 and MY are Teslas bread and butter, figured development efforts would go to ensuring they remain at the top of the EV brand given all the new competitors coming..🤷🏽‍♂️

Given M3 and MY are Teslas bread and butter, figured development efforts would go to ensuring they remain at the top of the EV brand given all the new competitors coming

You update something like that to try to move the product, because the factory must keep running. If you can sell everything you can make without performing visual updates like you are talking about, then there is no reason to do any sort of refresh like that.

Everyone always points to "all the competition" and perhaps when these "competition" cars are:

1. Shipping in large numbers
2. Being purchased in large numbers
3. Impacting teslas bottom line on moving vehicles

Then you might see them hurry to refresh visual aspects etc.

None of that has happened yet. Although there is plenty of competition, for many laypeople, EV = Tesla, like Petroleum Jelly = Vaseline or Acetaminophen = Tylenol, regardless of whose you actually buy. This is irregardless of all the various posts about vehicle quality, etc. People have been saying some form of exactly what you are saying for a few years now.

It took forever for them to refresh the model S and X, which are more expensive cars. BECAUSE they are the bread and butter cars for them as you point out, there is incentive to NOT change anything major unless they cant move them. They will likely continue to iterate the same way they have been, unless the above changes.

You're right I was confusing the deletion of the ultrasound parking sensors with the removal of the forward looking radar that happened this year or last.

However, I think the parking sensor deletion has happened immediately and doesn't necessarily converge directly with changeover to 22/23 model years. I don't think anyone has yet gotten a 2023 VIN for a model y.
Someone got a 23 vin for the 3 today so Y is probably gonna happen in a week or two

I made a post, but then all these variables came in that I gave up updating it... some MYLRs were getting matrix, some were getting cargo shelves, some were getting new panels inside... I couldnt get any verification as to what was happening with them so I stopped updating.

I wasnt able to edit days later, so go to the last page.