Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

What is going on in Norway???

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
We are visiting Oslo and have been walking around for half a day today. At some point we noticed that there was an unusually high number of Teslas around. Once we started counting, we got 18 of them, including a MS taxi and an MS with a weird custom two-tone paint job. That's more Models S than I see in a month in the DC area!

I wonder why the numbers are so high? Is there an unusually large tax benefit? Or just high popularity? Can anyone shed some light?

Norwegians are used to stuff being expensive.. I am pretty sure a $100k car is cheap for them. And they are all green and want to ban ICE cars. Pretty ironic considering they make all their money selling oil (they don't produce anything else).. Even Americans make more stuff

:D

• Funny
Reactions: Model 3
Pretty ironic considering they make all their money selling oil

They put the profit into a Wealth Fund ... part of which is funding their move to EV, helped by the amount of Hydro they have. Good for them - they did something sensible with the money when they stumbled over their windfall.

Here in the UK we probably had just as much North Sea oil as Norway - certainly "more than enough" - but we squandered the profits - mostly on unemployment benefits as I recollect it ...