Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

What is the first thing you play on your radio?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
**** Pretty tough decision, there is some terrific music here - all genre's, amazing.
But my plan on delivery -- taking place in 5 DAYS is the same song I played when I took delivery of my SSR.
Steppenwolf "Born To Be Wild"
What is more appropriate than....Get your motor running head out on the highway
looking for adventure in whatever comes our way
yea darling gonna make it happen take the world in a love embrace
fire all of your guns at once and explode into space
I like smoke and lightning heavy metal thunder
racing with the wind and the feeling that I'm under
:biggrin:

RUSH - Tom Sawyer (via Slacker Radio) was the first full song I played.

Here, I'm thinking Red Barchetta. Although, I may be going for Caravan from their latest album "In a world where I feel so small, I can't stop thinking BIG".

Jason

- - - Updated - - -

I held true to my original promise and played Rush - Red Barchetta. And yeah, it was awesome!

Awesome!

- - - Updated - - -

Just decided tonight - London Symphony Orchestra & Sir Colin Davis' rendition of Holst: The Planets, Opus 32, Movement IV - Jupiter, the Bringer of Jolility (whew, what a mouthful). Heard this tonight, and it's SO powerful and inspiring...

Ohh - hadn't thought about classical. I also really like the "Mars" movement of the Planets (V, I think). powerful!

- - - Updated - - -

I'm excited to see so many Rush fans here!

Me too (as you can probably tell from my sig :cool:)! Great taste.

Last edited by a moderator:
Lately, I've been playing and replaying (every time there are surprises in the music) Beethoven's 5th Piano Concerto, The Emperor, as it's known. On youtube there's a marvelous tribute to the work by Jon Kimura Parker, the great pianist. His description of the 3-chord theme and the rock n roll comparison is a hoot, and his story about the New Year's Eve concert of the work after the peace accord in Sarajevo is very moving.

I had it all planned out. Started off with Jackson Browne "Late For The Sky" (acoustic version) not exactly a song appropriate for such a happy moment but the brilliantly heartbreaking lyrics have always impressed me. Then, "Thunder Road" by the Boss. Then "This Old Porch" by Lyle Lovett. My three favorite songs.

After that two songs I just love to sing out loud (when nobody's around) "Wagon Wheel" by Old Crow Medicine Show and "Willin'" by Little Feat.

After that the "Drive" album by Alan Jackson, followed by the entire "John Hiatt Anthology."

Hey, the upgraded sound system is great and it was a long drive home from Columbus.:smile: