Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

What is the least attractive color for Model 3, from your observations?

What is the least attractive color for Model 3 you've seen in the wild?

• Pearl White Multi-Coat

Votes: 71 9.8%
  • Silver Metallic

Votes: 179 24.8%
  • Solid Black

Votes: 161 22.3%
  • Midnight Silver Metallic

Votes: 86 11.9%
  • Deep Blue Metallic

Votes: 71 9.8%
  • Red Metallic

Votes: 36 5.0%
  • I like them all

Votes: 119 16.5%

• Total voters
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I've seen every single color in person at this point. Black was the most boring color for me. Red catches my eye every single time, and is the color I ordered.

I had a chance to walk around a parked white + aero wheels, and it looked incredibly nice up close, which surprised me because the aero wheels don't look great in pictures.

Silver is pretty rare in the Seattle area (I've maybe seen it once or twice), but I thought it looked pretty refined.

Edit: One downside with white is that bugs show up really well. I've seen a couple white Model 3s which looked like they had severe acne on the front bumper.

Last edited:
  • Funny
Reactions: ponzu
I was torn at the color choice... originally had MSM in mind...went to a showroom and was blown away by the Red M3 that was on display there...seriously considered it but didn’t fly with my wife...
Walked around the Tesla lot.. didn’t really get drawn to any other colors... so ended up settling for MSM...hoping it turns out to be the right choice.
I have seen a white, black and blue in the wild... didn’t like any of those...sticking with the MSM for now.. may be a Red in future!!

I’m not the biggest fan of the solid black. I reserved the pearl white.. but keep thinking about the red..

I was also torn between white and red. Have had my white Model 3 for a couple months, and while I have no regrets, I can't help but wonder if I should've gone red. They both look great IMO.

White won out for me due to being lower maintenance (doesn't show dirt as much, scratches and swirls are practically invisible).

I was also torn between white and red. Have had my white Model 3 for a couple months, and while I have no regrets, I can't help but wonder if I should've gone red. They both look great IMO.

White won out for me due to being lower maintenance (doesn't show dirt as much, scratches and swirls are practically invisible).
White doesn't show dirt as much? Every single time I get behind a white Tesla (X or S, haven't seen many white 3s), I see big splotches of dirt, especially on the rear bumper. The car looks awesome from far away, but getting up close, I always see dirt.

Reactions: SD_Engnr
The toughest decision I had making was what color to pick for my Model 3. Everything looked good on website but since my current car (my 1st and only car to date) is Silver and has been with me for 15+ years, I wanted a change from that color.

So before completing my configuration, I visited the Tesla store in Southlake, TX where they had Model 3 Midnight Silver with the 19" Sports Wheels which looks amazing to me, but I was still undecided so I asked the store rep if I can see any others or if the Tesla store in Dallas has a different Model 3 color I could see in person.

The rep suggested if I am willing to drive to Dallas where they have 1 Model 3, it might be better for me to visit the Dallas Delivery Center instead because it will have many more Model 3's waiting for owners to pick theirs up. This was on 6/30 (Saturday) and I was told they should have plenty for me to see because they received many new Model 3's waiting to get picked up.

I made the drive and got to see the following Model 3 colors in person
  • Solid Black with Aero & Sport wheels
  • Midnight Silver Metallic with Aero wheels
  • Pearl White Multi-Coat with Aero & Sport wheels
  • Red Multi-Coat with Aero & Sport wheels
The Red Multi-Coat with Sport wheels is in the Delivery Center. The rest were in the parking lot outside I guess waiting to get picked up by their new owners or left there for some other reason.

Anyway, I did not get to see the following
  • Obsidian Black Metallic
  • Deep Blue Metallic
  • Silver Metallic
The most gorgeous looking was a White one in the parking lot which I think had some after-market work done because it has some custom car shop advertisement on the back window. The Tesla logo and door handles on that were also pearl white with chrome outline instead of the full chrome that is normal. The interior was also white but I don't think it was the Performance. I think the custom shop had put in the white interior.

Anyway, not having chance to see Obsidian Black or Deep Blue, and not wanting Silver, I decided to go with the Midnight Silver Metallic.

I have since seen the Deep Blue Metallic and the Silver Metallic and they both look nice, but I do agree with the poll out of the ones I have seen the Silver is the least attractive. I feel I would have been very happy if I had gone with the Deep Blue Metallic as well. It is a very nice blue that looks great on the Model 3 and is not as bright or dark as the two blue variants I have seen on Model S.

The only one I have not yet seen is the Obsidian Black Metallic. Since the Black already looks nice, I think the Obsidian Black Metallic will look even nicer (Metallic I think looks nicer).

Of course taste is subjective. What looks sweet to me might look bland or unattractive to someone else. My suggestion to anyone struggling with color choice is to find and go to your local delivery center (no appointment needed) and just look at the cars in the parking lot.

I was torn at the color choice... originally had MSM in mind...went to a showroom and was blown away by the Red M3 that was on display there...seriously considered it but didn’t fly with my wife...
Walked around the Tesla lot.. didn’t really get drawn to any other colors... so ended up settling for MSM...hoping it turns out to be the right choice.
I have seen a white, black and blue in the wild... didn’t like any of those...sticking with the MSM for now.. may be a Red in future!!
The only problem with MSM is they are everywhere. You will love MSM in your driveway. When parked next to two other MSM, you will either feel validated or annoyed.

As the wise man said, not liking something because it's popular is just as bad as liking something because it's popular.

I think we all love perving on other guys' reds. Hence the lowest hate number in the poll. I fantasize abut having gotten a red, but I have no idea whether the appeal would have lasted. MSM is a solid choice for a solid guy who is not into Tesla for the hype but for the practical reasons.

That's what I tell myself.

Reactions: mfa1
Psoh4Bd.jpg

• Love
Reactions: cusman