Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

What is the Official Tesla Alcoholic Cocktail? Non-Alcoholic version?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I'd like to second Audubon's suggestion of incorporating slivovitz. Here's a posting from Liquor.com that sounds tasty and perhaps easily adaptable to non-alcoholic version with some macerated plums:

TESLA COILINS
Contributed by Ivan Radulovic and Danilo Bozovic
INGREDIENTS:

1.75 oz Slivovitz or other aged plum brandy
1 oz Fresh lemon juice
.75 oz Vanilla Citrus Honey Syrup*
.75 oz Simple syrup (one part sugar, one part water)
1.5 oz Club soda
Garnish: Purple plum half
Glass: Collins

PREPARATION:
Add all the ingredients except the club soda to a shaker and fill with ice. Shake very hard and strain into a Collins glass filled with fresh ice. Top with the club soda and garnish with half of a purple plum.

Vanilla Citrus Honey Syrup
INGREDIENTS:
1 Vanilla bean
3 cups Water
1.5 cup Acacia honey
Peels of 8 oranges

PREPARATION:
Score the vanilla bean and scrape out the pulp using the tip of a knife. Add the pulp and bean to a small saucepan along with the remaining ingredients. Bring to a boil, reduce the heat to medium and simmer for 5 minutes. Let cool completely and strain into a quart container.

source:
The Hot List: Fall Cocktail Ingredients

suggested modifications: less syrup, as the suggested proportions seem *really* sweet to me, and garnish with a spoonful of cut plum pieces or even pluot pieces to try to mimic the tanginess of damson plums.

Way to go! Just sent it off to our intrepid party assistant / libation beta tester.

I'd like to second Audubon's suggestion of incorporating slivovitz. Here's a posting from Liquor.com that sounds tasty and perhaps easily adaptable to non-alcoholic version with some macerated plums:

TESLA COILINS
Contributed by Ivan Radulovic and Danilo Bozovic
INGREDIENTS:

1.75 oz Slivovitz or other aged plum brandy
1 oz Fresh lemon juice
.75 oz Vanilla Citrus Honey Syrup*
.75 oz Simple syrup (one part sugar, one part water)
1.5 oz Club soda
Garnish: Purple plum half
Glass: Collins

PREPARATION:
Add all the ingredients except the club soda to a shaker and fill with ice. Shake very hard and strain into a Collins glass filled with fresh ice. Top with the club soda and garnish with half of a purple plum.

Vanilla Citrus Honey Syrup
INGREDIENTS:
1 Vanilla bean
3 cups Water
1.5 cup Acacia honey
Peels of 8 oranges

PREPARATION:
Score the vanilla bean and scrape out the pulp using the tip of a knife. Add the pulp and bean to a small saucepan along with the remaining ingredients. Bring to a boil, reduce the heat to medium and simmer for 5 minutes. Let cool completely and strain into a quart container.

source:
The Hot List: Fall Cocktail Ingredients

suggested modifications: less syrup, as the suggested proportions seem *really* sweet to me, and garnish with a spoonful of cut plum pieces or even pluot pieces to try to mimic the tanginess of damson plums.

Whatever the cocktail ends up being, I envisioned a high-tech barist(esl)a making halogen siphon coffee...
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1440341164.176963.jpg

OK, that's hilarious....

I know helium 'works' & I think N2O would too but I have only seen a whip cream canister used for a single pint - extra creamy, more like a beer on Nitrogen
http://www.ryot.org/two-germans-try-beer-infused-with-helium/938525

- - - Updated - - -

What a cool-looking device... makes me want to find a use for it at the party.

Whatever the cocktail ends up being, I envisioned a high-tech barist(esl)a making halogen siphon coffee...
View attachment 91604

@thecloud - thanks!

@nwdiver - thanks for the photo!

When we stopped to charge and grab a bite at Harris Ranch recently, I noticed there was a Tesla-Tini (martini) on their drink menu. A tip of the cap to their growing new customer base?

- - - Updated - - -

OK, now I gotta ask... how is this connected with Tesla? Blue cheese olive garnish? I don't get it. Waaah.

WOW... how has no one posted this yet...

View attachment 92006

Apparently available at Harris Ranch.

OK, now I gotta ask... how is this connected with Tesla? Blue cheese olive garnish? I don't get it. Waaah.
Harris Ranch is located about halfway between L.A. and S.F. on Interstate 5. It was one of the Original Six supercharger sites, and I think it may have been the first Roadster charger site, and it's the location of the first (only?) battery swap station as well.

So they definitely have a longtime Tesla connection, and they know that a lot of their customers have stopped there to recharge their cars. The blue cheese olive thing is weird though.

Thanks for the Harris Ranch back-story, I knew that it had long-standing significance but I appreciate the details.

It's the blue cheese olive garnish's possible connection to Tesla that I don't understand. And from your response and the subsequent sound of crickets, maybe no one else gets it either. :)

Harris Ranch is located about halfway between L.A. and S.F. on Interstate 5. It was one of the Original Six supercharger sites, and I think it may have been the first Roadster charger site, and it's the location of the first (only?) battery swap station as well.

So they definitely have a longtime Tesla connection, and they know that a lot of their customers have stopped there to recharge their cars. The blue cheese olive thing is weird though.