Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

what maintenance is needed or what problem to look for when reaching 4 years (50,000 miles) mileage ?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
hello all,
My 2020 model 3 SR+ is reaching 50 000 miles soon.
what maintenance is needed or what problem to look for when reaching 4 years (50,000 miles) mileage ?
Charge at your maximum L2 rate (which for an SR+ should be 32 amps) to make sure your PCS isn't failing. If you can't charge the full rate at home, try a public L2 charger that can.

If you can only charge at 16A then you have a problem with the PCS.

Reactions: coolmanfever
If still under warranty book an end of warranty inspection.

Thats what I did, although those are not free (or at least it wasnt for me). It was $143 for me, even though I also had the warranty retrofit for the trunk lid harness done at the same time. Note that I am not complaining about the charge, just informing that it wasnt free.

Thats what I did, although those are not free (or at least it wasnt for me). It was $143 for me, even though I also had the warranty retrofit for the trunk lid harness done at the same time. Note that I am not complaining about the charge, just informing that it wasnt free.
They're quoting $301 for me for an end of warranty inspection, which seems a bit steep to me. . . .

Charge at your maximum L2 rate (which for an SR+ should be 32 amps) to make sure your PCS isn't failing. If you can't charge the full rate at home, try a public L2 charger that can.

If you can only charge at 16A then you have a problem with the PCS.
Where do you find info for a proper PCS test? I constantly get a VCFront a059 alert regarding inproper resistance between the PCS and VCFront. Tesla refuses to address it. I'd love to further troubleshoot this myself given Tesla's ineptitude on the matter.

I noticed the new software version 12.1.1 actuall has a new PCS resistance meter reading under the service menu, but without the proper PCS diagnostic info, I cant really dig further.

20230428_193846.jpg

Where do you find info for a proper PCS test? I constantly get a VCFront a059 alert regarding inproper resistance between the PCS and VCFront. Tesla refuses to address it. I'd love to further troubleshoot this myself given Tesla's ineptitude on the matter.

I noticed the new software version 12.1.1 actuall has a new PCS resistance meter reading under the service menu, but without the proper PCS diagnostic info, I cant really dig further.

View attachment 934031
If you have a 22 M3P you should be able to charge at 48A rather than 32A. I don't know the details of how Tesla tests them.

It sounds like you might have a wiring issue here rather than a PCS issue the way I read the errors.

I would make a service appointment in the app. You should have a full warranty if you have a 2022 M3P unless you've clocked 50K miles already.