Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

What Model 3 accessories do you guys recommend?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Abstract Ocean upgraded LEDs for the trunk/glovebox

3d maxpider mats

SOME sort of device to handle the fact you have 2 front USB ports but potentially at least 4 things you need to plug into them (2 phone charging cables, a music USB drive, a camera USB drive).... which device that is will depend on the specifics of your needs (do you need wireless charging? how fast of charging do you need? How much music do you have? etc)

Then whatever you need to plug into said USB solution :)

Reactions: eugv86
Honestly the best one I have that no one ever mentions is the little handle you can install behind you license plate to make closing the trunk much easier. Before people used to use my spoiler and I always feared it being ripped off or broken from the force used to close the trunk. It's from RPM Tesla I think.

Tesla HPWC gen II
CarPro cQuartz ceramic coating - self applied.
Cup and cubby mats
Touch up paint kit from Tesla
Tesla flat repair kit
$14 Tesla phone cables

Tesla flat tire kit will not work on Tesla OEM tires. Goo can’t seal with the sound insulating foam in the way. Well it might work if you pump in a few gallons of the stuff.

Matte screen protector from Abstract Ocean. Nomad wireless charger. Some kind of cheap USB hub (or something like the new Jeda hub - I've ordered one). A ssd drive for dashcam and music. Tire pump and tire plug kit. A set of hockey pucks. These are my basics. There are a few other little things, but it's just a car, don't need lots of doodads.

I’d also get some replacement trunk / interior lights from Abstract Ocean. The OEM ones aren’t very bright.

My wireless charger is from Nomad. It’s a bit pricey, but looks like it came with the car and is high quality.

Reactions: TyH2009
All the things I’ve done that I like...

Abstract ocean lights for trunk/frunk
Puddle light upgrade
Nomad charger
Screen protector
Maxpider mats
Lic plate/trunk pull down thingy from rpm
Silicone lic plate holder (I like the thinner bezel on these)
Tray organizers for center console
Matts for all the cup holders and storage
Thumbdrive for Tesla Cam
Vinyl wrap for center console (I did the wood grain one from rpm)
I also did a chrome delete
Ceramic coat (not sure if it was worth it honestly)
Clear wrapped the front fascia, hood and front fender.
Wheel upgrade (so many options)

Reactions: mrau
Unless/until Tesla offers Android Auto or Apple Carplay, then you will need (or likely need) to use a cable. For this reason, I "passed" on the charging pad and went with the $14 cable set offered by Tesla...
I don't get your logic. Bluetooth works just fine on a wireless charger. I also run the driver side to the 12V so I get fast wireless charging for my phone.

Is Tesla charging $14 for the usb cables now? Mine came with the cables.

Unless/until Tesla offers Android Auto or Apple Carplay, then you will need (or likely need) to use a cable. For this reason, I "passed" on the charging pad and went with the $14 cable set offered by Tesla...

Not following you...

For one, they don't offer AA/Carplay- and haven't shown the slightest inclination they ever will.

For another, even if they did, those work wireless now too... Hell Tesla won't even play music off a plugged in phone (but will wireless)

My logic is this - most cars don't work wirelessly with Android Auto or Apple car play - hence the need for the cable.
Not really sure what you are referring to. The model 3 doesn't support Android Auto or Apple Car Play. In order to use it, you have to connect to the phone via Bluetooth and then use the screen on your phone. The charger I recommended works in both portrait and landscape mode, so you can easily use Android Auto or Apple Car Play if you want and charge at the same time.

Not really sure what you are referring to. The model 3 doesn't support Android Auto or Apple Car Play. In order to use it, you have to connect to the phone via Bluetooth and then use the screen on your phone. The charger I recommended works in both portrait and landscape mode, so you can easily use Android Auto or Apple Car Play if you want and charge at the same time.

Not sure I follow... I was trying to say that if Tesla ever offers CarPlay, you will need the cable to display CarPlay on the Tesla screen.