Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

What Model S to buy with minimal depreciation while waiting?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Also, what I meant was being on the owners list by having a model S might help me get an M3 sooner before the fed tax credit expires. I'm in California near a service center, so being an owner would be next rung up the ladder behind only employees, right?

If one has the means, might as well just get a Model S and keep it. I know that is not what OP asked but is probably the best way to eliminate unnecessary depreciation. I just can't see myself going from a Model S to a Model 3. I know it's supposed to be a gen3 car and all but there will definitely be aspects of Model S that early production Model 3s cannot match.

People make to big of a deal about free Supercharging for like. The average person will not use all of the approximately 1000 miles per year they will get. It is not like you can use it to charge for your daily commute as that is done at home. It is only for long distance travel. Now they have announced the pricing people will be less concerned.

If one has the means, might as well just get a Model S and keep it. I know that is not what OP asked but is probably the best way to eliminate unnecessary depreciation. I just can't see myself going from a Model S to a Model 3. I know it's supposed to be a gen3 car and all but there will definitely be aspects of Model S that early production Model 3s cannot match.

Whereas for me the Model S was always a temporary measure until the Model 3 comes out. The Model S is far too large a car for my tastes.

I would go 85 battery over 60. I think the larger battery size will be worth more to future used buyers. The first question everyone asks me about my Tesla is how far can I drive on a charge.

Anticipating the delivery of my 75 a few months ago, I had range anxiety to no end. Now, after several months of ownership, no worries. Range is very predictable and information presented to the driver is quite accurate and useful. I charge most often at home and Superchargers seem to be rolling out, albeit not a fast as most would like. Ya, it would be nice to have a 90 or 100 but I really don't need it. Besides, at 70 years of age, 0-60 in 2.8 seconds would probably give me a heart attack.

Reactions: avesraggiana
People make to big of a deal about free Supercharging for like. The average person will not use all of the approximately 1000 miles per year they will get. It is not like you can use it to charge for your daily commute as that is done at home. It is only for long distance travel. Now they have announced the pricing people will be less concerned.

Right now one of my core use cases is travelling to the In-laws. In order to make that trip I would have to make 1 supercharger stop every time, and depending on how much running around we do when we're there, 2. I'd burn up that 1000 mile charging allotment in the first 3 months of the year and that's being conservative (between our vehicles we run about 45k miles a year, and that's down 15k miles from before with job shuffling). I would love if there was a way to option in supercharging for life for $x dollars knowing that it's "giving money to Tesla since you can take that X estimated dollars and invest it, use the profits to then pay for your supercharging addiction".