Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Posted in the main thread re $FOUR - repost here so you don't have to click ; D

New investment opportunity, Elon Musk / SpaceX related, but also as an investment in itself

re SpaceX indirect ownership " .. . He managed to get Shift4 to participate in SpaceX's fund-raising round early this year and the company now holds $29.5 million of SpaceX shares at their original purchase price, which has already appreciated "

Follow up on my post from earlier today - disclosure: bought some stock and OCT '22 calls

Fisker ($FSR) will reveal details on their $37K Electric SUV tomorrow.

Stock is up 70% for the month and the market cap is at $7B. Fisker has been promising a new car for years, and I usually would have ignored the reveal, but the way other EV stocks have been going up, I might have to throw a bit of cash at this.

Posted in the main thread re $FOUR - repost here so you don't have to click ; D

New investment opportunity, Elon Musk / SpaceX related, but also as an investment in itself

re SpaceX indirect ownership " .. . He managed to get Shift4 to participate in SpaceX's fund-raising round early this year and the company now holds $29.5 million of SpaceX shares at their original purchase price, which has already appreciated "

Follow up on my post from earlier today - disclosure: bought some stock and OCT '22 calls
Bought 100 today.

This whole thing on the Metaverse reminds me of a science fiction book I read some years ago in a future where some kind of Metaverse had become a big thing, but it led to a major collapse in both the economy and the population because people stayed in there so long they died of starvation.

I could see the whole Metaverse thing taking off, but I think it would be bad for the world and society. Internet addiction already is a problem, this could make it far worse. I do agree with the guy that Facebook/Meta are probably not going to be the winners here.

It's an axiom that one of the drivers of new technology is "adult entertainment". It drove down prices of VCRs, it was a factor in advancing things on the internet in the early days. If somebody in that world gets a good foothold in the Metaverse it will probably fuel a take off of it. Though I think this is the ketamine of the internet.

In a letter to the Securities and Exchange Commission, Warren cited a report by The New York Times that found Trump began discussing a merger with Digital World Acquisition Corp. long before the blank-check company went public and before such talks were disclosed to investors.
Yet Special Purpose Acquisition Companies, or SPACs, are not supposed to have merger targets planned before they raise money from the public. And Digital World repeatedly told shareholders that it had not held substantive talks with a target company.
"DWAC and Trump Media and Technology Group appear to have brazenly flouted these rules," Warren wrote in the letter, sent Wednesday to SEC Chairman Gary Gensler.

I'm on the lookout for hydrogen investments, but I have not yet investigated the opportunity here. In concept it sounds like a reasonable business model. If they really can beat gray ammonia on cost already, then most of the risk is just scale up and execution. I like the plug-n-play shipping container concept. With finance partners, they could lease out to clients, which becomes low capital, low cost and low risk for customers. The lessee either saves money on ammonia or the container can be relocated to a better location. Of course, it is great if customer just buy the rig outright, but that could be a harder sell. So it's nice that there are options for financing and residual value.

Let me know if any of you investigate this or similar companies.

[replying in a more appropriate thread]

FuelPositive turns out to be the company formerly known as EEStor, which some years back made... extraordinary claims for energy storage using polymer capacitors. That went nowhere, and the company was taken over by ZENN Motors, which first adopted the EEStor name and this year changed its name to FuelPositive. The CEO, Ian Clifford, began as co-founder and CEO of ZENN. FuelPositive has raised money this year, which I suppose diluted existing shareholders.

Based on this history alone, I'd be reluctant to invest. The new technology may be wonderful, but history suggests significant execution risk.

Of course that's just my opinion — I'd be happy to be wrong, because renewable ammonia would be a good thing. Anyway the stock might do well as a speculation, if there's short-term hype around renewable ammonia economy. For investors in the USA, it trades as OTCMKTS:NHHHF.

Caveat emptor.

Last edited:
Anyone else riding this Trump pump and dump? Who could be a better SPAC cheerleader than the orange man!

Bought DWAC at $11.41 premarket. If this spac merger is legit, I'll likely keep it a while. These people will blindly dump billions into it.

Edit: Up 92%. If you thought the Reddit knuckleheads were crazy....
Sold my last few shares of this nonsense. Was holding a bit for a squeeze spike to $420 or whatever, but another firm formerly run by one of the clowns running this firm is liquidating their SPACs. No indication(let alone confirmation) that this company will do the same, but they're shady as hell so I wouldn't be surprised to see DWAC liquidated at $10.

Just a heads up.

For polestar, the market cap of GGPI might be 1,2B but it implies a 20billion valuation for Polestar. I find it very expensive.

1637773295498.png