Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

what PSI do you inflate your tires to

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Our local service center always pumps the tires to 46psi when you go in for a service. I feel that they do it to maximize range at the cost of comfort. It's part of their MO. 42 is too high IMO.
Tires will support the max load at 35psi. Simple physics.
What you say is true for SL (Standard Load) tires. XL (eXtra Load) tires are rated to carry max load at 42 PSI, not 35 or 36 PSI.

Performance 21" MICHELIN PILOT SPORT ALL SEASON 4

Long Range 19" CONTINENTAL PROCONTACT RX or PIRELLI SCORPION MS

LR 20" GOODYEAR EAGLE F1 ASYMMETRIC 5 (M+S) or MICHELIN PILOT SPORT EV

All those tires link (at TireRack) to the OE versions Tesla might use, at least for 2023. And all are XL.

Just catching up on this thread. For those with an MYP with the 21” Michelin PS AS 4 tires, what PSI are you using? I’m at 43 PSI and the ride is pretty harsh. Thinking of lowering it to around 40 PSI but I want to make sure I’m not going to increase the tire wear significantly by doing so.

I think you mean decrease. See below.

Agree with the above post, within reason.

That said, if the main concern is even wear do the chalk test. Put a several inch stripe using chalk across the width of the tire then drive straight for a couple hundred feet. Chalk come off even? You're at the sweet spot. Chalk off in middle but left on the edges? Over inflated. Chalk off on edges but left in the middle? Under inflated.

Just got wife's MY and haven't done yet, but on my truck the sweet spot is 40-41 (hot tires) which translates to 37-38 cold. The tag on the door states 36, so pretty close. When I check wife's I will start at 42 (cold) get the tires good and warm, and start the test from there. I haven't checked the hot pressure yet, based on 42 cold, hot should be 45 or so.