Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

What Steering Mode do you use?

What Steering Mode do you use?

• Comfort

Votes: 56 21.5%
  • Standard

Votes: 98 37.7%
  • Sport

Votes: 106 40.8%

• Total voters
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
That’s something I keep planning to screw around with and never get to it. Can someone give a coles notes version of the differences?
Comfort -> Standard -> Sport is simplify how heavy the steering is plus how much of road feedback you get. Sport is very heavy compared to comfort, and you feel a lot more bumps through the wheel.

Personally I use standard, sport seems too heavy to me. Comfort is sometimes nice for road trips. I will say, I think it has some affect on how much force you need for the nag to go away. On comfort I think you need more force by comparison. Haven't used sport much so not sure if that requires less.

Comfort -> Standard -> Sport is simplify how heavy the steering is plus how much of road feedback you get. Sport is very heavy compared to comfort, and you feel a lot more bumps through the wheel.

Personally I use standard, sport seems too heavy to me. Comfort is sometimes nice for road trips. I will say, I think it has some affect on how much force you need for the nag to go away. On comfort I think you need more force by comparison. Haven't used sport much so not sure if that requires less.
Sport is definitely very minimal for nag. Alternatively you can also use the right scroll wheel to increase or decrease speed by a mile to make it go away.

• Informative
Reactions: SoundDaTrumpet
Sport is definitely very minimal for nag. Alternatively you can also use the right scroll wheel to increase or decrease speed by a mile to make it go away.

I wish they would make the scroll or the button just turn off the nag without doing the controls standard action. I don't like how I have to turn my speed/music volume up and down every ten seconds when I use the scroll wheels to dismiss it. I want a button I can push that just let's it know I am holding the wheel without executing another unrelated action.

Reactions: whatthe2
I wish they would make the scroll or the button just turn off the nag without doing the controls standard action. I don't like how I have to turn my speed/music volume up and down every ten seconds when I use the scroll wheels to dismiss it. I want a button I can push that just let's it know I am holding the wheel without executing another unrelated action.
One click on the right wheel usually has no effect. It usually takes two to register enough to change speed.

Good call.

On my Model X i use standard for my regular driving profile. For road trips on freeways, I have a special driver profile I labeled 'Freeway' that has steering set to comfort and acceleration set to chill mode. It makes for a relaxing long distance autopilot experience for car and driver.

Reactions: CaptainJ
I thought for sure I would be using "Sport", but after playing around I ended up leaving it in "Comfort". I still find it very responsive and with good control.
I was surprised that I like it this way. Maybe I am just getting old. I feel like a sell-out not using Sport mode.

I had been using standard, but tried comfort today and liked it more than I expected... I might stick with it for a bit!