Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

What the heck...Enhanced AutoPilot does not exist anymore

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
No...I bought in december. It clearly stated that I could get EAP for 7000 after delivery. Now I would have to shell out 11000.00 to get all the features that were listed on the EAP then. DIG IT MAN
Elon Musk on Twitter

Tesla has to date honored prior post-purchase upgrade prices. Might happen in this case. Though I'm not sure I agree that you're owed the right to purchase a package that doesn't exist any more just because you didn't buy it at the time of purchase.

No, they came with the hardware, but no features were enabled.

I believe the old Model 3 webpage claimed the Model 3 comes with Autopilot not to be confused with Enhanced Autopilot. The below excerpt was from the manual. I am just hoping they will roll out new Autopilot to early adopters.

Autopilot:
These AUTOPILOT safety features are available on all Model 3 vehicles:
• Lane Assist (see Lane Assist on page 74).
• Collision Avoidance Assist (see Collision Avoidance Assist on page 76).
• Speed Assist (see Speed Assist on page 79).

These convenience features, designed to reduce driver workload, are available only if your Tesla vehicle is equipped with the optional

ENHANCED AUTOPILOT or FULL SELF-DRIVING Capability packages:
• Traffic-Aware Cruise Control (see Traffic-Aware Cruise Control on page 61).
• Autosteer (see Autosteer on page 67).
• Auto Lane Change (see Auto Lane Change on page 70).

You can enable/disable Autopilot features and in some cases, control how they work. To access settings for Autopilot features, touch Controls > Autopilot > Settings.

Last edited:
I believe the old Model 3 webpage claimed the Model 3 comes with Autopilot not to be confused with Enhanced Autopilot. The below excerpt was from the manual. I am just hoping they will roll out new Autopilot to early adopters.

These AUTOPILOT safety features are available on all Model 3 vehicles:
• Lane Assist (see Lane Assist on page 74).
• Collision Avoidance Assist (see Collision Avoidance Assist on page 76).
• Speed Assist (see Speed Assist on page 79).

These convenience features, designed to reduce driver workload, are available only if your Tesla vehicle is equipped with the optional

ENHANCED AUTOPILOT or FULL SELF-DRIVING Capability packages:
• Traffic-Aware Cruise Control (see Traffic-Aware Cruise Control on page 61).
• Autosteer (see Autosteer on page 67).
• Auto Lane Change (see Auto Lane Change on page 70).

You can enable/disable Autopilot features and in some cases, control how they work. To access settings for Autopilot features, touch Controls > Autopilot > Settings.

I see what you're saying. But the answer to your question is still no. Safety features that use the autopilot hardware have always been included, you are correct. However, that doesn't imply that the new "autopilot" package available for $3k is going to make the convenience features available on cars that did not purchase one of the convenience feature packages.

I see what you're saying. But the answer to your question is still no. Safety features that use the autopilot hardware have always been included, you are correct. However, that doesn't imply that the new "autopilot" package available for $3k is going to make the convenience features available on cars that did not purchase one of the convenience feature packages.

We can still hope though :)