Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

What Trim Level is a Sleeper?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
a 3 second 0-60 car the looks like a 5.5 0-60 car to me is a sleeper. 5.5 is not that fast...5 is not that fast. 3 is fast.
I would challenge your "5 is not that fast" comment because most BMW 330s and such are slower than that, and even the 340s /440s are like 4.8 or so.

Of course, definition of "fast" is relative, but cars that are thought of as performance mass market cars are in the 4s somewhere, so even the base trim tesla model 3 is not "slow" relatively speaking because its probably about the same speed as a BMW 330 or so.. and most people would not consider those slow (but enthusiasts or owners of faster cars would).

You and possibly other tesla owners are the only people who would even know if yours is a slurper..

also, the slurper looks like a car that does 4.4 or whatever..you got a dual motor badge on it dont u?

first thing they do is paint their calipers and buy wheels and get a spoiler. now why did you get that base model performance if you want to fake like you have a real one?

You and possibly other tesla owners are the only people who would even know if yours is a slurper..

also, the slurper looks like a car that does 4.4 or whatever..you got a dual motor badge on it dont u?

first thing they do is paint their calipers and buy wheels and get a spoiler. now why did you get that base model performance if you want to fake like you have a real one?

The sleeper still comes with a Dual Motor badge with a red line under it. I think a lot of people who want the sleeper like the acceleration but do not want a lowered car and 20” wheels due to road and weather conditions in their area.

Here is a sleeper
FE31290B-15B8-4750-9ACB-4487FC286B51.png

I would challenge your "5 is not that fast" comment because most BMW 330s and such are slower than that, and even the 340s /440s are like 4.8 or so.

Of course, definition of "fast" is relative, but cars that are thought of as performance mass market cars are in the 4s somewhere, so even the base trim tesla model 3 is not "slow" relatively speaking because its probably about the same speed as a BMW 330 or so.. and most people would not consider those slow (but enthusiasts or owners of faster cars would).

And this is why we are here aren't we? lol BMW wants to sell you a 50k 3 series that is basically static software-wise, and receives no incremental updates unless its related to safety or emissions. Which for the most part is not that fast. You'll have to upgrade to the real M3 to get anywhere below 4 secs, and that usually will cost you 70-80k. So for 50k at Tesla, you can get a 3 sec family sedan that will make almost every production BMW eat your dust, save for the M5 competition (130k) and M8 Gran Coupe (150k), for just a fraction of the cost. Sign me up...for delivery this week :)

And this is why we are here aren't we? lol BMW wants to sell you a 50k 3 series that is basically static software-wise, and receives no incremental updates unless its related to safety or emissions. Which for the most part is not that fast. You'll have to upgrade to the real M3 to get anywhere below 4 secs, and that usually will cost you 70-80k. So for 50k at Tesla, you can get a 3 sec family sedan that will make almost every production BMW eat your dust, save for the M5 competition (130k) and M8 Gran Coupe (150k), for just a fraction of the cost. Sign me up...for delivery this week :)

This reminds me of arguments of the 1990s import scene, whether performance only covered straight line acceleration, of more.

Also, most BMW won't drop in power when their fuel level goes from 90% to 50%....

I had a BMW 535 with a perf chip and I loved that car.

Somehow I managed not to get any speeding tickets in it... Lucky I guess.

But the model 3 kills it in the performance for the money section... Interiors not as much.

Though I could literally never get the voice commands working...

a 3 second 0-60 car the looks like a 5.5 0-60 car to me is a sleeper. 5.5 is not that fast...5 is not that fast. 3 is fast.

That car is quick- there's not enough data to know if it's fast ;)

It is a performance model for insurance; however, i checked the rates are the same for AWD and performance model.

mileage will vary of course.

This likely changed for 2020 models- prior to that all 2-motor Model 3s had the same VIN code. For 2020 (Tesla submitted this change August of 2019 for 2020 models) the P gets its own "C" in the 8th digit, regular AWD sticks with B in that slot- so insurance can now tell the difference.

(Might make pre-2020 Ps more valuable?)

• Informative
Reactions: CaptainSlooow
I thought that the reason Model 3 Performance gets 310 miles range (instead of 322 that the Long Range All Wheel Drive gets) was the size and type of the wheels (20 inch non-Aero vs 18 inch Aero). But I did see the specs of a couple of those Stealth Performance models, with the 18 inch Aero wheels, and it was still slowing 310 miles range.

Anyone know why the difference in range?

I thought that the reason Model 3 Performance gets 310 miles range (instead of 322 that the Long Range All Wheel Drive gets) was the size and type of the wheels (20 inch non-Aero vs 18 inch Aero). But I did see the specs of a couple of those Stealth Performance models, with the 18 inch Aero wheels, and it was still slowing 310 miles range.

Anyone know why the difference in range?

They both have the same range. The differences you may have seen may have to do with the model year.

Latest EPA numbers comparison

Not shown in the above post is the 20”, which has also been updated to be “realistic” (something like 296 miles I think) for 2020. Can look on fueleconomy.gov