Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

What Upgrades/updates can be done on 2015 p85d?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I picking up a fully option’d out CPO (more like PO) 2015 p85d on Tuesday. ITS A 3/15 BUILD. I’m wondering what updates or upgrades can be done or if there’s anything else i can add to the car.
-they’ve already updated 3g>LTE
-I’d assume the MCU is updating to the latest software, but maybe not?

I’m Wondering what else can be upgraded or updated.
New Center console?
“Uncorking?”
Roof racks?

Just curious as to if anyone has a similar build date that has any tips

I picking up a fully option’d out CPO (more like PO) 2015 p85d on Tuesday. ITS A 3/15 BUILD. I’m wondering what updates or upgrades can be done or if there’s anything else i can add to the car.
-they’ve already updated 3g>LTE
-I’d assume the MCU is updating to the latest software, but maybe not?

I’m Wondering what else can be upgraded or updated.
New Center console?
“Uncorking?”
Roof racks?

Just curious as to if anyone has a similar build date that has any tips

I own an April 2015 S85D (not SP85D).

Software updates are pushed to the car more-or-less automatically (you decide when, or if, to install them).

"Uncorking" is not applicable to the P85D. There was an over-the-air software upgrade in mid-2015 (all cars got it automatically) that reduced the 0-60 times for both the 85D and P85D.

The Tesla-sold roof racks can only go on cars with the panoramic roof.

You can install a new-ish center console in place of the yacht floor your car probably came with. There are some people who prefer the yacht floor.

You can always add lots of aftermarket stuff like a dashcam, improved interior lights (a la Abstract Ocean), a phone mount, etc.

What kind of updates do you want to do?

Bruce.

IMG_4896.JPG

Upgrade your wheels to a set of staggered Arachnid wheels with Michelin Super Sport tires from a Tesla owner who got them as a Referral Reward. I upgraded from my original "square" Turbines to "staggered" Arachnids and not only love the look but they're also:
  • significantly lighter
  • much stronger (forged vs. cast)
  • better looking

It has all those options already. I was just unsure if there was something specific to that model and build date that people have done that are worth looking into. I’m just hoping since it was a 3/15 build it has the + SAS. I’ll find out when i see it i guess.

Can you update the MCU for the more responsive touchscreen? Like MCU>MCU1?

MCU/MCU1 have the same processor (Tegra ARM based).

MCU2 is faster and Intel based and is not currently offered as a retrofit for any MCU1 cars even though Elon said it would be an available option on Twitter last year.

I got the $1250 premium center console. Good build quality, phone dock, and rear cupholders. Unfortunately it's been out of stock for a while. Besides that I got LTE and Ludicrous retrofits, and arachnid wheels.

Gonna paint the side skirts next.

If you want the MAXpider mats, you can buy them cheapest from us and support the forum. Just use coupon code TMC at checkout to buy them $16 under the minimum advertised pricing.

joecarstuff.com

Thanks for that. Just ordered a set myself with the coupon.....after I accidentally ordered the Model 3 mats :(

I sent you a cancel request for the wrong order to both emails. Hopefully you'll see it before the order is processed.