TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker or making a Paypal contribution here: paypal.me/SupportTMC

What version of AP

Discussion in 'Model S' started by Old Wyseguy, Aug 30, 2016.

1. Old Wyseguy

Old Wyseguy Member

How can I (or is it do I) check what version of AP is currently installed on my 2016 MS90D?

2. rcarpen22

rcarpen22 Member

At the top of the 17" screen is a T (Tesla logo). Press that T and it takes you to a screen that shows your car and lists the current version of the software that you are running.

3. Patrick W

Patrick W Member

And don't be alarmed if it's not the current version (found here http://ev-fw.com/track-reports.php?ver=7.1 ). Most of us are a few iterations behind the newest.

No one outside of Tesla seems to know why who gets updated when. :)

4. brec

brec Member

The question may be how to check what version of Autopilot hardware is installed.

I don't know the answer to that.

5. Saghost

Saghost Active Member

If the question is hardware, look at the top center of the windshield, and compare with the photos on the forum or online - there should be one trapazoidal camera centered behind the mirror and one round rain sensor on an S, or one camera on the right side of the mirror on an X.

So far, there's only one version of S hardware in the wild that we've seen, and one version of X hardware (which doesn't appear to be quite identical.) Anything different than the above might be an indication that you have something the forum has never seen before...

6. Old Wyseguy

Old Wyseguy Member

According to the instructions above, mine is VER 7.1! I had hoped with all the AP bruhaha, the updates would have come more quickly.