Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

What was the range for your first full charge??

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
313 (two months old, 4000 on the odo when first complete charge was made)
By the way, what I have realized road-tripping around the SE over the past month is that leaving home with a full battery is generally unnecessary. It's only necessary if stretching range to reach the first supercharger stop of the journey (which is unusual given the increased propensity of superchargers).

We got our Model 3 on Tuesday, and my first (full) charge was last night. Got 315 miles, pretty cool! :)

full_charge.jpg

Following this thread. I'm only getting 218 miles at 75% charge on my AWD. Expected assuming 310 mile range is 232.5 miles at 75% charge.

I haven't done a full charge yet. I did drive down to 10% once and then charged up to 90%. But I showed only 265 miles rather than 279 expected.

Following this thread. I'm only getting 218 miles at 75% charge on my AWD. Expected assuming 310 mile range is 232.5 miles at 75% charge.

I haven't done a full charge yet. I did drive down to 10% once and then charged up to 90%. But I showed only 265 miles rather than 279 expected.

I talked to the Tesla ranger and he suggests me to charge up to 100% the. I got 294 miles. Today the Tesla service representative calls me back keep states it is normal and he didn’t see anything wrong with it.

My first 3 100% charging sessions with our AWD have ended in the 298-302 range. Last time it got to 298 mi and the app said 45 min. left to charge. A few minutes later it stopped charging at 298. Doesn't seem normal to me. August build and we have 2000 total miles.

I have the Model 3 for a little over 2 months now... have yet to charge it to 100% LOL. When I took delivery, the car was charged to 90% at the delivery center. When we go on a trip, we took the Model X. So there was really no need to ever charge the Model 3 to 100% as it is my commute car.

I have the Model 3 for a little over 2 months now... have yet to charge it to 100% LOL. When I took delivery, the car was charged to 90% at the delivery center. When we go on a trip, we took the Model X. So there was really no need to ever charge the Model 3 to 100% as it is my commute car.
Is it recommended to charge to 100% early on in the battery's life? I just got mine but don't plan on charging to 100 anytime soon. Should I?

I had 314 at full charge in January. Last full charge was at 310 with 12 minutes still remaining @32,000 miles.

I would not fully charge just to see the max rated range. And there is no need to the battery to be fully charged early in its life. Stay between 20% to 90% and, if you can, between 30% to 80% or narrower if you really want to extend battery life.

I had 314 at full charge in January. Last full charge was at 310 with 12 minutes still remaining @32,000 miles.

I would not fully charge just to see the max rated range. And there is no need to the battery to be fully charged early in its life. Stay between 20% to 90% and, if you can, between 30% to 80% or narrower if you really want to extend battery life.

Why between 30% and 80% when Tesla's own app defaults to 90% for non-trip charging?