Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

What was your range when new and what is it now?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
.... According to people I've spoken to at Tesla, after enough driving, it recalculates based on your actual driving habits. Whether or not this is a factual statement, I'm not entirely sure...
I think you were given incorrect information. The range is based off the (kWh capacity of your battery) / (EPA Wh/mile constant on the EPA report). The EPA constant does not change. Your kWh capacity of your battery might. Your driving style is not considered. It might result in you getting less or more range than indicated.

I think you were given incorrect information. The range is based off the (kWh capacity of your battery) / (EPA Wh/mile constant on the EPA report). The EPA constant does not change. Your kWh capacity of your battery might. Your driving style is not considered. It might result in you getting less or more range than indicated.
Hopefully then, this is not indicative of serious range degradation. I will charge to 80%, check the mileage, and extrapolate. Notable that this car is from August with roughly 3700 miles and I was able to measure a >5% loss. When I called them on it that was the answer I got (driving habits).

Just charged to 100% for a road trip tomorrow. Only have charged to 100% maybe about 4 times since I got my 3. The first time I did I think my 3 reported 312 miles of range. Now 7200 miles and 6 1/2 months later a full charge to 100% shows a range of 310 miles. Not bad at all so far! I charge to 85-90% every other day basically.

• Informative
Reactions: outdoors
I typically charge to 70% daily and leave the car plugged in when not being used. At 6,500 miles my full charge is 297 miles. This was after running the car down to 9 miles of range earlier this week and doing a full charge overnight.

RWD Model 3

If you never top your battery the %(estimated) might not be accurate. So taking results from people that never top off the battery might not be indicative of the real battery state. Fully slow charging will make the % estimation in the car more accurate. (it will never be perfect)