Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

What will a Panoramic Roof cost on Model 3?

S Panoramic Roof upgrade: $1,500. What will it cost on Model 3?

• Less than $250

Votes: 3 4.4%
  • $250-499

Votes: 2 2.9%
  • $500-749

Votes: 18 26.5%
  • $750-999

Votes: 16 23.5%
  • $1000 or more

Votes: 29 42.6%

• Total voters
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I am creating a series of polls regarding what we (collectively) think certain features will cost on the Model 3.

This is a forum, so please feel free to add comments, but for the sake of data collection, please do vote on the polls!

I will provide the Model S and Model X price points for each of those features, in USD.

Yes, the Model S and Model X have a few more features than I’ll be making polls for, but some of those features are just not needed to be polled on.

hmm - this could be used to determine just how much we would be willing to pay - instead of an expectation of list price. Chicken/egg here. If I'm only willing to spend $250, will they actually price it at that? If I say I would pay $2000 ---did I just increase the price of the option?
For this item, I don't want the fishbowl, I want a metal roof. Even if both priced the same.

Reactions: slipnslider
No idea what you said.;)

Glass is the heaviest material you can use for a body. Glass up high raises the CG and reduces handling performance.

Like 20" wheels, it's a compromise feature. Adds weight and cost and reduces performance, but will impress strangers.

When they were doing weight on one of my cars, they replaced the glass targa top with a bolted in magnesium and carbon fiber unit.

Is anyone concerned the Pano roof would add too much light? I often have to close my sunroof now when the sun is high enough to shine right down into the car. I really like the idea of a Pano roof but I'd also like the option to block out the light if it get annoying

It is going to be standard. I believe this was confirmed on one of the test ride video's.

Is anyone concerned the Pano roof would add too much light? I often have to close my sunroof now when the sun is high enough to shine right down into the car. I really like the idea of a Pano roof but I'd also like the option to block out the light if it get annoying

No worries as I see them having Electromagnetic Smart Tint were you could change it to 100% blacked out if you wanted. You really do not need to see out the rear window if you use a camera for the rear view mirror.

The glass (pano - non-openable) roof won't cost over $1000. I only covers the driver and front passenger, so it's not going to be very big. That will also help it not be as heavy either.

ALL M3's will have the full glass roof over the rear passenger area, so no charge for that. But, everybody gets the weight penalty for it too.

@McRat - bro, this isn't a Honda Civic where you took out all the seats to save yourself weight, or put on some stickers for mad HP.

Whatever the Pano roof costs (in dollars), I'll be paying...love my sunroof.

I do not deliberately make a car perform worse simply to be in fashion. No fart pipes, no fake turbo whistles, PVC rollbars, no non-functional air ducts, no heavy ass rims, no all weather tires, no 1000w, 60lb stereo, etc. Heck I don't even black out my windows so I can't see, or put advertising on my cars until the sponsor or event coordinator requires it, then I remove it afterwards. I've never even attended a car show except to enter the racing segment.

I have a strange feeling the Model 3 will end up as the Poser EV. You want everybody to know you have a Tesla, but cannot actually afford one, nor care how it performs. Sort of like the people who buy stripper BMW's/Audi/MB's.

EDIT - Don't take 'poser' as an insult. Most performance cars are sold to posers, as are most 4x4's. If it weren't for the poser market, we could not have nice things. There are not enough enthusiasts to sell cars to.

Last edited:
Wow that would be a huge surprise. I don't belive any tesla models have that right now, it was never talked about in the model 3 and in the (admitedly few) outside shots I've seen of the car there's no indication of the tint being any darker or lighter between various shots of cars
No worries as I see them having Electromagnetic Smart Tint were you could change it to 100% blacked out if you wanted. You really do not need to see out the rear window if you use a camera for the rear view mirror.

no fake turbo whistles

Really? I have never heard of a fake turbo whistle.

I have a strange feeling the Model 3 will end up as the Poser EV. You want everybody to know you have a Tesla, but cannot actually afford one, nor care how it performs. Sort of like the people who buy stripper BMW's/Audi/MB's.

So if someone buys the smallest house in a nice neighborhood, are they a poser or does this only apply to cars?

If it weren't for the poser market, we could not have nice things.

I think you are referring to the aspirational market which makes up about 95% of the US so I guess we are all posers of some form.

I voted 1k or more (I believe it is 1k in USD?) but I dont know if the size of the pano roof will affect the pricing. I hope they do since it's oneo f the options Tesla can scale down. But even then, I am not sure if I will get it or just go with glass roof. Early production Teslas seem to have leak issues and stuff. While I live in Canada and most likely wont be invited to configure until late 2018 (given how the design studio isnt open yet for the model X), I will really have to see how the buiild quality holds up before making the decision between glass and pano