Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

What will the actual range be when released?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Yeah, that sounds 'bout right. And I can live with that though I do wonder how Lucid is going to impact Tesla's desire to really crank it up in range.
My guess is that Lucid will accomplish it's range simply through battery size thus adding wright and cost. Tesla will accomplish similar results through efficiency. I'll take the latter.

Dan

If some of these optimistic estimates are accurate, I may be getting a dual motor CT in a few years. My current plan is to replace my Model 3 (sitting on 88k miles) at 200k miles with an AWD Model Y. But if the $50k AWD CT ends up with significantly more range than the $50k AWD Model Y that could change my decision. If they end up with roughly the same range (be it 320 or 350) then I’ll probably stick with the Y.

Well, when 2023 rolls around, and a Tesla finally starts to deliver the CT, I guess we will find out. It’s just way to early to know any real details about The CT. If they ever even make it. It’s still a Prototype/concept. That’s all it is.

Just curious, what makes you think Tesla may not actually produce the CT? And what makes you think if they do it will take them until 2023 to deliver the first ones? Unless I’m missing something, Tesla received tremendous interest in the CT via hundreds of thousands of reservations. Yes those are only $100 and fully refundable but it’s still a good way to gauge interest. I agree the “late 2021” timeframe is aggressive and may very well slip into 2022, but 2023 seems to be a very pessimistic estimate by any measure.

Well let’s see. Need a complete factory. And no, they don’t build cars in tents. CT testing has to be done. It has many changes and requirements that haven’t been done yet. Side mirrors for one will be required. Tooling, employee training, supplies for a new kind of Vehicle. Batteries. They don’t have them. They also have history of poor quality. That can not happen with the CT. To sell trucks to non-Tesla buyers they need to step up their build quality big time. If they try to sell poorly made trucks to the mass market, forget it. It won’t work.

Seriously. Have you looked at the fit and finish of the big 3 trucks. Their perfect. Have you looked at the fit and finish of the Model Y? It’s a joke. That will not work with truck people. This is a 75,000.00 truck. The CT needs more storage, comfort, better materials. Not a paper dash. A 75,000.00 minimalistic approach won’t sell expensive trucks.

• Funny
Reactions: Maaz
Tesla will need to have a longer warranty than the big 3 Better customer service than they do now and the ability to answer phones. Trucks are operated in areas that have no cell service and no wi-fi These owners may have to use landlines to make calls to their local repair shops. How far will Tesla mobile travel? When my Truck breaks I want to know what is wrong with it and how long to fix. No letting the vehicle sit for a week before getting to it

Tesla will need to have a longer warranty than the big 3 Better customer service than they do now and the ability to answer phones. Trucks are operated in areas that have no cell service and no wi-fi These owners may have to use landlines to make calls to their local repair shops. How far will Tesla mobile travel? When my Truck breaks I want to know what is wrong with it and how long to fix. No letting the vehicle sit for a week before getting to it
On that note, the customer service issue in general needs to be addressed. Even with a warranty, I don’t know how much faith I have in them addressing and fixing a car/truck in a reasonable amount of time. :/