Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Whats going on with used MX inventory

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I suspect that Tesla may not sale the cars they receive on trade-in. I'm guessing that trade-ins go to the auction house that they have a contract with. Then, periodically, they buy cars back and sale as used. Could be as simple as they buy in batches.

On the Tesla web site inventory search is by zip code. Use Atlanta zip code and you have many SR choices, a couple LR and several Performance. At least the last time I looked. I searched 30301 zip code.

Unfortunately, the "zip code" search for used vehicles on the Tesla site is pretty meaningless now since Tesla removed the location attribute from all used cars.

Looking at the JSON data returned in any used car search, none of the records have a location attribute assigned, and even the NearByDeliveryRegion value is not set (it's usually set to a few state abbreviations of nearby states). Also, for used cars, the "Search within x miles" field disappears. So whatever cars they might be showing aren't necessarily cars near the zip code entered.

But they are happen to inform you that for any used car:

Nationwide delivery now available
$2,000 transport fee in the continental US. Speak with a sales advisor for more information.

Unfortunately, the "zip code" search for used vehicles on the Tesla site is pretty meaningless now since Tesla removed the location attribute from all used cars.

Looking at the JSON data returned in any used car search, none of the records have a location attribute assigned, and even the NearByDeliveryRegion value is not set (it's usually set to a few state abbreviations of nearby states). Also, for used cars, the "Search within x miles" field disappears. So whatever cars they might be showing aren't necessarily cars near the zip code entered.

But they are happen to inform you that for any used car:

All used inventory (S, X and 3) in Canada completely disappeared Friday Aug 30.
Still zero @ Sept. 5