Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Whats included in autopilot now?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Only if you buy FSD.

The people above mentioning that it's still changing lanes either have Enhanced Autopilot (grandfathered) or FSD.
Correct, I have both.

My understanding is that now, FSD would need to be purchased to enable this feature on any new cars.

Essentially, as I also purchased EAP previously, my purchase of FSD was pretty much for nothing.. except for autopark.

It might be helpful to see the differences in Autopilot throughout the years at Wikipedia.org

upload_2019-7-10_10-42-46.png

• Informative
Reactions: mrpseudonym
I no longer have the option to purchase AP or FSD on the my Tesla website.... does anyone have any idea why?

Price change?

The way Tesla promotes FSD is mysterious. It threaten higher price post-delivery then it had a March madness sales then now it claims it will be very expensive that some articles claim that with such high price it will be equivalent of stop selling Tesla cars...

Thus, the disappearing AP / FSD post-delivery purchase option on your Tesla Account could simply mean that Tesla has been behind in revising its website or Tesla just wants to make the process harder and you have to talk to a human. Except that's really hard to talk a human at Tesla nowadays.

Logically, a business would make it easier to sell even after post-delivery.

Only if I can read Tesla's mind!

Called the Service Centre about purchasing autopilot now that I can't do that via the car or website. He told me that auto lane change was not include and that autopilot just steered the car, accelerate and brake. I said when I have used it previously I could indicate and it would change lanes while on auto-pilot. He said no that's only in FSD and said that auto lane change is only when navigating on auto-pilot which is not available in AUS. I said Im talking about indicating myself and the car changing lanes. he paused and said no thats not included in auto-pilot anymore.

Can anyone confirm after the changes that what I said or what he said correct?

This is Tesla... ya need to clarify "Now", as it could all change in minutes. :p

Not quite sure I understand what you're saying... Are you saying you can no longer get auto lane changes when the model 3 arrives here?

I have EAP and called up customer service today to ask about the cost to upgrade to FSD. Basically it's 8500.the same cost as if I didn't have EAP. Makes no sense at all...
The feature known as "Enhanced Autopilot" is no longer being offered. This means that any model 3s you buy in Australia have to purchase the FSD option to get lane change assist.

If you have EAP then you won't be affected in any way adversely by the "downgrading" of options to only offer autopilot and FSD. However the price structure does seem silly, sure, but the price structure from Tesla changes more often than you change underwear. I bought my vehicle for $140k more than the same vehicle costs now, but I always knew I was paying a price premium for being an early adopter. However that meant I've had my vehicle for 2 years longer. On the other hand FSD prepurchasers (like myself) did not get off so lightly since we basically got nothing for paying for it years in advance though.

Does anyone have any information on how FSD and Autopark work together? I have seen the video's of enhanced summon, but I wonder if that only works on outdoor parking lots and relies heavily on GPS data? As we don't have any SBAS in Australia our GPS accuracy will remain problematic for some time so I wonder if this means that not only we wont be able to use enhanced summon in most Sydney car parks, but also be pretty limited outdoors also. I would pay the $10K upgrade in a second if it could get my car up the four floors from the basement to the car park lift! Sending it down to park itself would be even better :)

I wonder if this means that not only we wont be able to use enhanced summon in most Sydney car parks, but also be pretty limited outdoors also. I would pay the $10K upgrade in a second if it could get my car up the four floors from the basement to the car park lift! Sending it down to park itself would be even better :)
That level of feature capability is still probably 25 years away...