Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

What's it worth? 2018 LR, RWD, EAP. PIP.

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

SabrToothSqrl

Dec 5, 2014
PA
Wife's 3 was rear-ended. After 7 weeks we got the insurance company to agree to total it, after they wanted to do $25,000 in repairs over 6+ months.

Now, we get to fight over the value of the car.

SO, what's it worth? (Pre-Crash)

2018 Tesla Model 3, black, RWD, Long Range, EAP, PIP, black interior. Bought new March 2018.

I have a number in my head I think is appropriate and fair, given it's 20,000 miles and pristine condition. And a number we could live with, given that this was zero percent our fault.

What number is everyone else arriving at, and where did you find that? I don't want to skew the results by stating the number I arrived at.

thank you!!! You all have been very supportive when I posted about the wreck...

Sorry to hear - today I think it would be about ~46k new though that build isn’t available(eap). I don’t know if they take credits into consideration. If they don’t, I’m thinking ~36k

Well, at least this one has had it's oil changed. (along with the "engine filter")... Engine.. filter... am I saying that right? just feels odd to me...
https://www.cars.com/vehicledetail/detail/771657738/overview/

But most I am seeing for sale are $45-47k.

https://www.cars.com/for-sale/searc...=28881&yrId=35797618&zc=17339&userSetIxt=true

Then that is where I would value your 2018 Tesla Model 3, black, RWD, Long Range, EAP, PIP, black interior. Given the lack of fault, I'd expect to be able to replace my vehicle like-for-like.

That said, they're likely going to value it less; then you're going to be looking at an independent appraisal and a fight on your hands. It's likely worth it, especially on these Model 3's where resale value is remaining much higher than what the insurance valuation seems to be.

Well, I received the appraisal the insurance company used. And, thanks to (me) not being incompetent.. I used my ability to READ to decipher the 'problem'.

They had her car listed as 'mid-range' and NO 'EAP'... two of the most expensive options.

So, now we submit details (car invoice/info) to the appraisal company (again).
All of this was sent to the insurance company, who clearly can't read or didn't bother.

Now we get to wait another week for these geniuses to come up with a new number.

• Informative
Reactions: T-Will