Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

What's the avg Kwh/mile?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I'm currently on a roadtrip with the X and it's been pretty crazy, 50 mph headwinds plus new tires have really hurt range. Does anyone know what the average Kwh/mile is? Currently charging on a level two charger, need enough charge to get to a supercharger.

I faced headwinds too while in FL. In fact the car rerouted us to a closer SC when it calculated we wouldn't reach the original SC based on 435 watts/mile. Definitely do not believe the car when charging and it says "you have charged enough to reach your destination". I did get as low as 328 watts/mile through the Florida Keys (flat, 60 mph).

My Model X P90DL with 22" wheels is using about 530 watts/mile.
I had a loaner Model S 90D with 19" wheels for a week and was using about 330 watts/mile.

I'm getting about 30% less than the "rated" range. Nice to know the trip planner will re-route based on actual power consumption, but I wish the HUD would display the "actual" range instead of rated.

I just did a 2,000 mile roundtrip to Phoenix via San Diego from the Bay area (already put on 2500 miles in about 10 days with the car). Averaged around 400 wh/mile (P90D with 20" wheels). I typically would do that trip in about 330 - 340 wh/mile on my P85+ (now traded in) with 21" tires.

On another interesting note, the rated range on the X seems to be around 330 wh/mile - about 10% penalty compared to the S.