Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

What's the best accessory for your model 3?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Printed myself one of these. No idea if it fits yet - find out soon enough I guess! Has anyone else printed this one out?
I printed a similar one from Thingiverse but it was far too loose a fit on the thread - just pulled off.
By chance I had previously ordered some furniture thread inserts from Ebay and one of them turned out to be a perfect fit in the printed hook and for the M3's exposed bolt thread.
Been fitted for the past 12 months but only used occasionally - certainly useful when there's nothing else stopping bags from sliding around in the boot.
Things slide around more with the boot liner as its more slippy than the original boot lining.
There's no provision for hooks to use with bungee cords :(

Reactions: mrsniffles
Is the all weather Tesla OEM boot liner worth it?

I always get all weather mats and boot liners for my new cars. I’ve already purchased the oem mats from a private seller (brand new in the oem box).

CBA waiting several weeks for packages to arrive from China. It’s £110 but I’ve seen alternatives on Amazon for under £40.
I think they are essential really when you see how much crud they collect Very good fit , appear durable but sent the frunk mat back as poor fit with a gap all round Tesla OEM good quality but as you say expensive

I think they are essential really when you see how much crud they collect Very good fit , appear durable but sent the frunk mat back as poor fit with a gap all round Tesla OEM good quality but as you say expensive
I just went with oem for frunk and trunk. Will see how the front fits when I get the car. I always get the all weather mats for any new car. Living in Scotland it’s rarely dry and sunny at this time of year and keeps the carpets as new.

For me, it's the replacement LED interior lights for the trunk, then the storage "drawer" to fit into the centre console .
I just got these lights. The originals are a pain in the arse to remove lol. Especially as the just grip the loose lining not actual metal. I have the “sound deadening” boot liner in so makes it more difficult I think.

I just got these lights. The originals are a pain in the arse to remove lol. Especially as the just grip the loose lining not actual metal. I have the “sound deadening” boot liner in so makes it more difficult I think.
Snapping the replacement boot LEDs back in position is harder because of the plastic ring retainer that's supposed to hold them securely in place... you can actually cut the plastic rings along one of their long sides and they still do just as effective a job of retaining the lights in position... it saves breaking your fingers trying to make them fit!

Printed myself one of these. No idea if it fits yet - find out soon enough I guess! Has anyone else printed this one out?
I printed this one:

Works a treat.

Edit: Just noticed yours is a remix of the one I used.

I didn’t bother with the plastic retainers (I think the AO instructional video said not to bother, though can’t remember) and have had no issues, for what it’s worth. They’re still in place after more than a year.
I did the same. Always intended to trim the retainer piece for an easier fit but the lights have stayed in place and caused no problems without for well over a year now. The retainers are now in the parts bin if needed in the future.

Reactions: Durzel
I did the same. Always intended to trim the retainer piece for an easier fit but the lights have stayed in place and caused no problems without for well over a year now. The retainers are now in the parts bin if needed in the future.

Yes, they do stay in place without the retainers but rather loosley depending on the boot liner holes. I found that if something in the boot brushed against them they would shouggle (wiggle) like they were about to fall out. The adapting of the plastic clip retainer is the answer if you do want/need a little more of a secure fitting.

Anyone tried one of those upper boot liners? Covers the metal structure under the parcel shelf. I'm thinking it might reduce noise but it also makes the boot look better.

Oh and I found this which looks like a proper rubber boot liner : Novline Rubber Boot Liner for Tesla Model 3 2019 - 2021 | DriveDen

Would order it but out of stock...
I have the upper boot liner. Not sure it reduces noise ( I had it before I got the car). Aesthetically it looks a lot better than the painted metal imo though. Never had a car with so much untrimmed places since about 2000 lol.

I’ve seen some cars in YouTube videos with liner on the underside of the bonnet. Have no idea when that came in or whether it’s still a thing in some markets?

It's an add on 3rd party accessory for cosmetic reasons. We're all used to seeing padded bonnet lids on ICE cars but I can't see it serving any purpose on an EV other than a "finished" appearance.

• Informative