Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

What's the fastest color

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Nope, red is faster.... get's more speeding ticket too.....
I also believe Red is safter. I've been driving a Red car now for more than 3 years. I've also had every other color of cars. But only after driving a Red car for a while have I noticed something that I didn't see with other colors.

You know those folks that are ahead of you at a cross street or driveway? Those that you see stop, turn their head looking in your oncoming direction and then pull out in front of you with too little time for them to get up to speed and forcing you to brake? Well, I see it less now. I believe its because the Red is easier to see against almost every other background so those same folks think twice because they see us coming more clearly.

Think about it. Put any/every other color against the highway background. Put blue and black, grey and red (okay, yellow is different) but even white will tend to blend into the background as you look down a highway street. But Red (and maybe yellow) stand out boldly against the blue sky or white clouds or dark asphalt/concrete and the building in the background. Bottom line, I believe now that those same folks that pulled out in front of me in my dark green vette, my black Z, and my desert brown Tacoma, see that Red car (most still don't know a Tesla when they see it) coming, they pause and give me the chance to pass before they whup it out.

Black is the smallest.
White is the plainest.
Green is the most British
Blue is the most manly
Silver is the oldest
Brown is the most non automotive color
Yellow is the desperate
Red is the fastest...

But in this case - I agree maximum plaid is the fastest.

Funny, my SO likes signature red the most, but blue is her second favorite Tesla color, does that make her manly? :D

I like white because it absorbs the least heat in the summer, loses the least heat in the winter, and seems to be the most ignored by cops. Probably because white is a very common car color these days.