Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

What's the funniest voice command goof you've seen?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

Dangerous Fish

Pilots the Millennium Milkfloat
Supporting Member
Jul 21, 2016
UK
I haven't used voice commands much as when I first got the car it didn't seem to be that good at understanding me. It could be my British accent I suppose.

Today, I thought I'd give it another try as I needed to call a company I was on my way to visit. I tried about 5 times but to no avail. I gave up after the 6th attempt:

Me: "Call Auto Protek"
Model 3: "Cool Hotel For Sex"

o_O

So what's the funniest one you've seen?

I haven't used voice commands much as when I first got the car it didn't seem to be that good at understanding me. It could be my British accent I suppose.

Today, I thought I'd give it another try as I needed to call a company I was on my way to visit. I tried about 5 times but to no avail. I gave up after the 6th attempt:

o_O

I haven’t had any funny experiences with Tesla voice command but I did one time when I was using Siri on my phone to send a text to a friend. I don’t recall what I was trying to say exactly but Siri ended up texting something along the lines of “rape you later” :eek: What’s even funnier is I was texting a guy friend :D

o_O

The tesla voice commands don't have a history so you don't have to make this thread for your wife's sake ;)

o_O

Mistaking "call" spoken with a British accent for "cool", reminds me of a story, long before TSA airport security, of a teenager who was to fly alone from LA to Oakland, CA, a 450 mile flight. He heard an announcement for "Oakland" boarding, got on and took a seat. After 90 minutes, he wondered why they were not landing yet. When he asked the flight attendant, she said it would be another 12 hours before landing in Auckland. :)

• Funny
Reactions: whatthe2
I swear that when I first got my car in July last year the voice recognition was marvelous. It had no problem with my British accent. Now however it's getting worse every time. It comes up with the most unlikely interpretations of my words and uses the most obscure of names when trying to match a name to call. Frustrating

It only has 3 actions, right? Play a song, navigate somewhere and call someone?
They should really implement commands for a lot of the settings, to prevent having to fool around with the screen while driving.
"Turn foglights on", "Turn off auto highbeam", "For the love of God please wipe my darn windows."

• Funny
Reactions: brucet999
I swear that when I first got my car in July last year the voice recognition was marvelous. It had no problem with my British accent. Now however it's getting worse every time. It comes up with the most unlikely interpretations of my words and uses the most obscure of names when trying to match a name to call. Frustrating
Maybe your accent has become more Americanized?