Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

What's the point of the "Dual Motor" badge ina Model S?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I just wanted a blue Tesla with a 100 kWh battery - it took a long time, but I finally found this car. Everything else seemingly sold out from under me. I was also wanting the following options:

Sun Roof
Auto Pilot
Carbon Fiber Décor
Black Headliner
Cooled seats
Heated steering wheel
19" Wheels

This car has everything I want. It is only missing the Ultra High Fidelity sound system, but I like the regular system anyway.

In any case, if you have a 75D, you never have the ability to go 0 to 60 in 2.4 seconds. With my car, I have the capability whenever I want. I love this car!

Brent

I just wanted a blue Tesla with a 100 kWh battery - it took a long time, but I finally found this car. Everything else seemingly sold out from under me. I was also wanting the following options:

Sun Roof
Auto Pilot
Carbon Fiber Décor
Black Headliner
Cooled seats
Heated steering wheel
19" Wheels

This car has everything I want. It is only missing the Ultra High Fidelity sound system, but I like the regular system anyway.

In any case, if you have a 75D, you never have the ability to go 0 to 60 in 2.4 seconds. With my car, I have the capability whenever I want. I love this car!

Brent

Congrats on finding a Model S with a sunroof!

The sunroof remains one of the favorite things we love about our car. What a shame they discontinued it :(

I hope the sunroof returns to the Model S, better than ever! We would not want to buy another Model S without it.

Reactions: Art VandeIay
I still refer to the refreshed models as 100D or P100DL. Screw that Long Range/Standard range/Dual motor thing. Those mean nothing. If I had enough cash to purchase new, I'd swap out the badge for the P100D (with underline), if it was appropriate to my particular car.
Totally agree. It seems like they have built a brand and following for the P100D designation only to throw it away. Its what makes Mercedes AMG, Audi RS, BMW M cars special. You’re not going to have those companies throw away those designations for their performance models. Should’ve been P100D then P120D or whatever it may be in the future.

Since I prefer the clean de-badged look, all my cars are emblem deleted and I think the standard Model 3 with nothing except the 'T' is great. Why should a company spend the $ for extra emblems that aren't REALLY needed. (look at some Ferraris and others)

Why some Subarus have to have multiple emblems is crazy to me. PVEV, AWD, Symmetrical, SUBARU, oval logo, etc....

Since I prefer the clean de-badged look, all my cars are emblem deleted and I think the standard Model 3 with nothing except the 'T' is great. Why should a company spend the $ for extra emblems that aren't REALLY needed. (look at some Ferraris and others)

Why some Subarus have to have multiple emblems is crazy to me. PVEV, AWD, Symmetrical, SUBARU, oval logo, etc....
I kind of agree, the "Dual Motor" badge uses small fonts, so it is difficult to read and is not really explicit.
It's almost an oxymoron, like to put an AWD on the back of an Audi?

Very. Google Caltrans R2.
  • R2: Chains are required on all vehicles except four wheel drive vehicles with snow or all season tires on all four wheels.
Whenever there’s more than an inch or two of snow on the mountain roads, Caltrans puts checkpoints up and inspects every vehicle. For vehicles that come in both 2 and 4 wheel drive, they look for badging or even inside to verify your selector is in 4x4. Besides badging there is no way for a road worker to tell the Tesla variants apart. It’s not like you can see the differentials underneath.
They take your word for it too. I used to live in California and always debadged my cars, they let me though with a 911C4 on all-season tires all the time, I just had to tell them that it was all-wheel-drive. A coworker of mine used to lie about his RWD BMW, telling them it's all wheel drive, even though he had a badge on his car which would tell someone familiar with BMW lineup that it's not an all wheel drive car - the guys checking really don't care to memorize all different possible badges on all manufacturer cars from different years.

I keep the P85+ in the car for one reason. When I go to service center, I like to hear, “ oh that is a solidly built car, and ohh that suspension with a RWD. Drift mobile for sure”

of course Raven blah blah blah...

Time to debadge... I used Kevlar wire and goof off to remove the adhesive. Now I want to remove the Tesla chrome bar too. Gotta fill the gaps though

I keep the P85+ in the car for one reason. When I go to service center, I like to hear, “ oh that is a solidly built car, and ohh that suspension with a RWD. Drift mobile for sure”

of course Raven blah blah blah...

Time to debadge... I used Kevlar wire and goof off to remove the adhesive. Now I want to remove the Tesla chrome bar too. Gotta fill the gaps though

You are still keeping the paint, right? :p