Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Whats the point on new charge port door?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
In the USA, the charge port door WON’T accept a CCS charger…
99EEEA62-1521-4EC8-8B65-14F81BDF6EE3.jpeg

(photo taken 3/2/2022 of a Model S LR in a Tesla showroom near Chicago)

Reactions: jmaddr and Alset2
My belief is that Tesla will be switching all models to CCS for global compatibility soon. They will then add or convert SCs to CCS and open them up to others. It will become a cash cow for Tesla and radically improve the charging landscape for other manufacturers.

The aforementioned CCS adapter will be available for the current cars with the proprietary port.

My belief is that Tesla will be switching all models to CCS for global compatibility soon. They will then add or convert SCs to CCS and open them up to others. It will become a cash cow for Tesla and radically improve the charging landscape for other manufacturers.

The aforementioned CCS adapter will be available for the current cars with the proprietary port.

I'm not sure. I believe only newer cars are compatible with CSS signaling whereas a lot of the legacy vehicles are not.

So hopefully Tesla is able to upgrade the charger for us like in Europe. CSS would be great to have here.