Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

What's the turnaround times to get a 2019 CA Red Carpool stickers??

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi,

I mailed out my CA carpool sticker application about the beginning of Feb 2019 and am surprised that my $26 check has not even been cashed yet. I'm starting to wonder if the DMV even received my application. What are the turnaround times you guys have been getting? Anyone received the stickers that applied in 2019 yet? I'm assuming that the DMV is just pretty backed up with all the M3s sold at end of 2018.

Sent my check in Jan. 2nd, received stickers Feb. 18. I think they are keeping pretty busy with the flood of electric cars hitting the road. Stickers will be an unsightly lavender color rather than red, but are valid until 2023.

As an aside, I recommend the "apply stickers to vinyl PPF film, then apply PPF to your car" method.

Hi,

I mailed out my CA carpool sticker application about the beginning of Feb 2019 and am surprised that my $26 check has not even been cashed yet. I'm starting to wonder if the DMV even received my application. What are the turnaround times you guys have been getting? Anyone received the stickers that applied in 2019 yet? I'm assuming that the DMV is just pretty backed up with all the M3s sold at end of 2018.
I mailed mine out the end of January and they just cashed my check on 3/20. Hopefully, the sticker will be arriving soon.

Interesting, thieves are onto this. The stickers are designed to de-laminate and be worthless when removed leaving a VOID VOID VOID pattern all over the sticker. The "VOIDS" and glue left on the car isn't that hard to get off, even after years. Some goo-gone or quick wipe with turpentine does it without hurting the paint.

Reactions: SoundDaTrumpet
Anyone ever seen a Tesla pulled over for no hov stickers? I rarely see chp pull ANYONE over, let alone a car yhey’re likely very familiar with.

Also, I did the PPF method on my other car and got 2 stickers stolen — 1 by a car wash employee and 1 in a parking lot in San Jose. Beware...

People on Tesla Facebook groups have discussed being pulled over in a Tesla without stickers.

• Informative
Reactions: SoundDaTrumpet
I drove my Model S with the stickers in the glove for 3 years and never had issues here in San Diego. But just to make sure it won't be a problem, since the Model 3 isn't all aluminum, I put the stickers on magnet sheets and put it on the trunk and rear quarter panel when I commute and take them off afterwards.

Hi,

You will be getting the Purple stickers. If you want the Red ones we can trade. Mines are on magnets so I can easily swap with you.