Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

What's this high mileage 2022 Hertz Model 3 worth?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I buy at dealer auctions and Hertz has been running a dozen or more Teslas a week for a while now. A white 2022 Model 3 with 165,000 miles ran through and was bid to $9800 but didn't sell. It's a standard range RWD with about $500-$800 in damages. It will be offered again next week and wondering how much I could flip it for if I buy it. If I price it at $12,900 which becomes $9,000 with the tax credit, would it sell pretty quickly?

20240625124216-84413c5e-f9c0-41af-8eb7-a05001e4e107.jpg

I buy at dealer auctions and Hertz has been running a dozen or more Teslas a week for a while now. A white 2022 Model 3 with 165,000 miles ran through and was bid to $9800 but didn't sell. It's a standard range RWD with about $500-$800 in damages. It will be offered again next week and wondering how much I could flip it for if I buy it. If I price it at $12,900 which becomes $9,000 with the tax credit, would it sell pretty quickly?

View attachment 1060398
Hertz has 120k mile 2021-22 RWD listed for 17k… 165k miles should be what, $14k (crappy wild ass guess)? If you go above $9k plus $500-1k in repairs, you’re making $4k profit? Is that worth it for your shop?

Hertz has 120k mile 2021-22 RWD listed for 17k… 165k miles should be what, $14k (crappy wild ass guess)? If you go above $9k plus $500-1k in repairs, you’re making $4k profit? Is that worth it for your shop?
They wouldn't sell it for $9800 this week so if they want say $10,500, with fees and repairs I'd be in it for $12,000. Then sell for $13,000. Nowhere near $4K profit.

• Informative
Reactions: Anthony R.

View attachment 1060398
I find it interesting that Hertz has all these high mileage M3s for sale... I used to rent cars quite a bit, and I don't think I ever drove one with more than 30K miles on the clock. If Hertz actually rented that car for 165K miles, they made a $hit load of profit from it!

If you get a chance can you tell us the displayed range at the indicated SOC? I'd really like to know how the HV battery is holding up. Sorry, I can't help with a price estimate.

Reactions: fholbert
It would be interesting if you could seat inside and run the Service Mode to check for any alert messages,
and also to be able to drive it for a little bit for any issues.

For example some high mileage M3/MY Tesla make a typical noise coming from the front top bolt arm suspension,
something easy to replace in fact.

Otherwise some of the early 2022, I believe both M3 and MY, had some issues with some heat pump sensors,
as the heat pump was something new at the time.

Since this car was able to reach this high mileage in two years, it seems that the car didn't spent too much time if any for service.

If you don't plan to drive it heavily and add a lot of miles, for a low bid this could be a good option, overall this is a great car.

My own Model 3 is already six year old and never had any problem so far.

Reactions: DuncanM
I find it interesting that Hertz has all these high mileage M3s for sale... I used to rent cars quite a bit, and I don't think I ever drove one with more than 30K miles on the clock. If Hertz actually rented that car for 165K miles, they made a $hit load of profit from it!
I too rented cars often, about 3 times a month. Seems like Avis retired cars at about 30k miles and Auto Nation scooped them up.

It is my understanding that Hertz had a deal with Uber so drivers could rent these at a special rate, hence the high miles. I see a 190,000 mile 2022 that sold in Atlanta last week for an even $10,000. With fees and transportation, that would be close to $11K all in. How much could they expect to sell THAT for, paying so much?

This is a good point explainining the high mileage.

Reactions: Anthony R.
A white 2022 Model 3 with 165,000 miles ran through and was bid to $9800 but didn't sell. It's a standard range RWD with about $500-$800 in damages. It will be offered again next week and wondering how much I could flip it for if I buy it.
You want our help to flip a Model 3?
In other words, you want to rip-off some other future Tesla owner with our assistance?

Really?

I don’t think he is ripping off the buyer.

He’s ripping off us tax payers by buying an EV, getting the tax break with no intention of keeping it.
Umm...no. I process the tax credit for the buyer that he would never get buying from a private seller. If you have a problem with that, take it up with the government.

Umm...no. I process the tax credit for the buyer that he would never get buying from a private seller.

Right, cause you are the only person in the US who qualifies for the tax credit.
Right?

If you have a problem with that, take it up with the government.

It's a free country with a free market - you can do whatever you want.
Even if it comes at the expense of other Tesla owners.

I'm sorry, but I don't care for your effort to solicit our help in ripping off future Tesla owners.
But in case you are still asking - the car is totally worth $30K. Especially a 2 year old Model 3 with 165,000 miles on it. Any penny below will be pure profit for you to keep.

1719681641522.png

Reactions: pikeman
Yes, I'm sure the buyer of the Tesla I sold for $4800 last week felt taken advantage of.

This is sounding like commercial activity, which requires being a vendor here to do. Just telling you how it looks to me (with the unspoken acknowledgement that I am also one of the people who enforce the rules here).

I let the thread go at first because it was "how much should I sell this for", even though most of those threads end up being soft advertisements. If you flip cars for a living (buying at auction, selling multiple cars) you already have an idea of what this is worth, probably more than most of us that dont do that, anyway.

So, I am locking this thread as commercial activity.

Status
Not open for further replies.