Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

What's this symbol on the top left of my screen?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I usually drive with the rear view camera on the top half and the radio on the bottom. On the top left of the rear view camera portion, I often see a symbol that appears to be a traffic cone with three curved lines just below/beside the cone. Anyone know what this signifies/means?
Thank you.

I usually drive with the rear view camera on the top half and the radio on the bottom. On the top left of the rear view camera portion, I often see a symbol that appears to be a traffic cone with three curved lines just below/beside the cone. Anyone know what this signifies/means?
Thank you.

I usually drive with the rear camera displayed on top too, helps deal with the car's huge blind spots!

Tapping the "traffic cone" icon turns on Park Assist view. (see page 57 in the owner's manual)
If you have the rear camera view displayed while driving, the icon appears whenever you're at low speeds i.e. <5mph

just out of curiosity, why do you drive with the rear camera on the screen?
I always drive with mine on too. Great for seeing your blind spots when changing lanes. It's no more distracting than the other rear view mirror. You look at it when you need to, otherwise it's effectively invisible.

I find it distracting and difficult to transition from both a location and image perspective (ie wide angle). I prefer the review mirror. Ideally I would like the side mirror images incorporated in the center rear view mirror, but that is probably a ways off.

The 6 seater visibility out the back is good, but not great. It would be nice if the side mirrors were a bit larger and the tint on the rear glass makes seeing some low contrast objects difficult. But it's very centrally located and there is little effort or time lost scanning that while also scanning the windshield. Moving down to the display with it's different perspective is not good for me.

I always drive with mine on too. Great for seeing your blind spots when changing lanes. It's no more distracting than the other rear view mirror. You look at it when you need to, otherwise it's effectively invisible.
Agreed. I don't find it distracting at all to have on all the time, but rather it gives an invaluable additional view when I need it, in a car with otherwise poor rearward visibility - due to sloping rear roof/window and three fixed rear seat headrests blocking much of the rearview mirror's view, plus relatively tiny though aerodynamic sideview mirrors. It is true and too bad though that it's less useful in the rain and and at night. But otherwise for that extra awareness of what's behind and beside the car I find it really useful.

just out of curiosity, why do you drive with the rear camera on the screen?
Yes, similar reasons to the others who keep the rear view camera up, on top, most of the time. .Great overall view, and a decent angle of capture, of what's behind and almost beside you. I do not find it distracting at all, and I have always, since first getting my licence, many years ago, kept my mirrors adjusted to overlap and cover as much of the blindspot as possiible....old fashioned but has worked wonders for decades now.

Same with others. Rear view camera up on top. Covers blind spots well. Grew up with the snap on fish-eyed rear-view mirrors, invaluable driving in and out of NYC in my youth. My wife does find the rear-view camera too distracting and disables it.

Wait, wasn't this thread about the cone with curved lines?