Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wheel Alignment at local shop?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Firestone does the lifetime alignment. In my experience, a Firestones on a military base, if you have access, are likely to do the alignment. Also, I was told from the Firestone mechanic, you have to put it in "jack mode" before doing the alignment. If they said they don't have special equipment it's non-sense.

The only modification that I have done to my car was during last July, I had the N2itive’s Alignment Kit 1 installed which got rid of the shudder, and also lowers the car about 1” in standard without wearing the inside of the tires. The shudder issue is caused by the drive shafts being at too large of an angle from the wheel to the gear box, which destroys the CV joints. No different than when as a kid I put a lift kit in my pickup, but ended up destroying the universal joints in a short time. So to avoid this happening, you can lower the car to reduce this angle, but then the car will wear out the inside of the tires very quickly but the outside tread looks like no wear. So this kit replaces the linkage in both rear wheels so the camber can be adjusted and the lowering links are installed at all 4 wheels. I had to drive 400 miles to the coast to a shop to do this install and align the car and the first thing I noticed after installing the kit and aligning the car is my WH-Mile improved quite a bit, any where from 280 - 325 WH-Mile . I attached the alignment sheet showing the alignment before the kit was installed and not able to adjust the camber. (A side note, I had the Tesla shop align the car right before I drove to the coast in the hopes this would reduce the wear on my tires) and the bottom of the page shows after the kit was installed and the final alignment. Hope the link works. Please let me know if it doesn't.

Attachments

• True Line aignment 7-15-2021.pdf
    230.1 KB · Views: 93
  • Helpful
  • Informative
Reactions: spectrum and cobra
I have a 2016 P90D, I just got new tires at America's Tire, car drove great. Then I took it for alignment at Tesla Service Center. I asked them to align it in Low suspension height, they said that's not allowed and they will only align in standard suspension height. I asked why, they said because tires will wear poorly in Low suspension mode and I should drive in standard suspension height mode. The wheel balance and alignment was $294 (ouch). Car drives great. If I'm going to launch it then I put it in Low suspension height, or if I go 90mph or higher on highway then I have it set to bring suspension to Low.

Installed my N2itive camber and toe arms and lowering links last weekend and getting it aligned tomorrow morning on Low at an alignment shop that specializes in custom performance-oriented alignments. They will align it to whatever specs I ask them to.