Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wheel spacers

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
The stock offsets are conservative as expected. The overhang looks somewhat awkward on a car this large and full, has anyone tried wheel spacers? It looks like it could easily take 10mm and not look overdone. Anyone know if hub centric BMW spacers fit, same lug spacing but unsure of the hub interface. For that matter do typical BMW aftermarket wheels fit, of which there are hundreds of styles?

The stock offsets are conservative as expected. The overhang looks somewhat awkward on a car this large and full, has anyone tried wheel spacers? It looks like it could easily take 10mm and not look overdone. Anyone know if hub centric BMW spacers fit, same lug spacing but unsure of the hub interface. For that matter do typical BMW aftermarket wheels fit, of which there are hundreds of styles?

The centerbore is different from BMW, but if you use centering rings most BMW aftermarket wheels would fit...

FWIW the CB is 64mm.

Are there any aftermarket solutions for this? I can see it looking much better if the wheels are spaced out another 1/4"
Don't even think about it. Either purchase wheels with a different offset or do without. Those kind of spacers are dangerous. Note that wheels with a different offset will put more load on the bearings.

I'm not keen on centering rings, but at least they are safe.

I don't think of modest spacers (10mm) as dangerous in the very least. Certainly, some manufacturers sell OEM spacers, such as Porsche. One just needs longer lug nuts or studs. I've street/tracked/raced them for years on all manner of cars including a GT3RS on Hoosiers and a Spec Boxster racercar. They put no more leverage on the bearing than wheels with a more aggressive offset. The hub is another issue.

I don't think of modest spacers (10mm) as dangerous in the very least. Certainly, some manufacturers sell OEM spacers, such as Porsche. One just needs longer lug nuts or studs. I've street/tracked/raced them for years on all manner of cars including a GT3RS on Hoosiers and a Spec Boxster racercar. They put no more leverage on the bearing than wheels with a more aggressive offset. The hub is another issue.

I have looked for spacers but haven't been able to find a solution. The best I could come up with is having them custom made. 10 mm is reasonable as long as there is enough clearance on the lugs.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk HD

I have looked for spacers but haven't been able to find a solution. The best I could come up with is having them custom made. 10 mm is reasonable as long as there is enough clearance on the lugs.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk HD

If the stock lugs aren't long enough with 10mm spacers, ARP makes extended lugs that can be pressed into the hub.

Any thoughts on using spacers that have pressed in lugs and bolt onto current hub? If possible, I'd like to get (or have made) an adapter to go from 5x120 to 5x114. Doing so would open up a far greater selection of aftermarket wheels to use on the Model S.