Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

When and how to get the $5000 refund?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
To get Track Mode I've ordered another P3D and will be trading in my P3D- , I'm very interested what they offer.

Waiting for a call back from Showroom manager. Will LYK
Do you have an estimate of what they will give you for a brand new P3D-? I'm kind of curious what I can get when they finish fixing the delivery issues and I receive the car back. I did put about 1200 miles on it in the short time I had it.

To get Track Mode I've ordered another P3D and will be trading in my P3D- , I'm very interested what they offer.

Do you have an estimate of what they will give you for a brand new P3D-? I'm kind of curious what I can get when they finish fixing the delivery issues and I receive the car back. I did put about 1200 miles on it in the short time I had it.

Last I have seen is that people have reported that Telsa is not taking Model 3s for trade-in at all.

I don't. I'll see what they say and let you know. I'm trying to force their hand a little here. I am not great at hoping things will break my way when there's an clear and obvious path to the outcome I want.

Having thousands of customers feeling jilted and waiting is not acceptable. And waiting for the CEO to deliberate and set in motion the fix on every issue is not a sustainable model for any company. I want to be as thrilled with the company as I am with the car but no one seems to have any answers or power at the customer facing level...and Twitter is NOT a customer facing level.

I don't. I'll see what they say and let you know. I'm trying to force their hand a little here. I am not great at hoping things will break my way when there's an clear and obvious path to the outcome I want.

Having thousands of customers feeling jilted and waiting is not acceptable. And waiting for the CEO to deliberate and set in motion the fix on every issue is not a sustainable model for any company. I want to be as thrilled with the company as I am with the car but no one seems to have any answers or power at the customer facing level...and Twitter is NOT a customer facing level.
Tesla is terrible at this side of things. Messaging and communications are a mess.

Legal advice: if you have unlimited supercharging of your Model 3 Performance with Perfotmance Upgrade, and you want to accept Tesla’s offer to trade it for $5,000, then accept Tesla’s offer. Use mail, email, and the account page. Don’t just wait and see. An offer can be withdrawn any time before acceptance.

I was in progress prior to your post,
took 5 emails + 1 phone call...
but this afternoon received email below!

Thank you for the confirmation. I have submitted the refund for $5,000 and the removal of your Free, Unlimited Supercharging. The check will be mailed to your physical address on file within the next 4 weeks.

I received another email yesterday reaffirming their position that those who purchased PUP will be eligible for $5k when giving up their supercharging. They then reinforced the fact that my P3D- will get nothing, but congratulated me on my unlimited supercharging (still doesn’t show up in account though).

Needless to say I’m pissed, especially after seeing how poorly the OE tires on my P3D- perform in wet conditions and now that I’m getting ****ed over on Track Mode.

I received another email yesterday reaffirming their position that those who purchased PUP will be eligible for $5k when giving up their supercharging. They then reinforced the fact that my P3D- will get nothing, but congratulated me on my unlimited supercharging (still doesn’t show up in account though).

Needless to say I’m pissed, especially after seeing how poorly the OE tires on my P3D- perform in wet conditions and now that I’m getting ****ed over on Track Mode.
At minimum Tesla needs to explain why P- cars can't/won't get track mode. They really need to step up their communications game if they want to move to the next level. Same with the refunds, I've seen nothing of the sort from emails or my calls. Just "no process, you are on this list I'm writing on my invisible type writer". Even a response like "hey, we will do something for you, just not sure what yet" would be nice.

I guess I shouldn't be surprised that this is happening in a piecemeal/confused fashion. I suppose even Tesla can't be good at everything.

I’m thinking tesla is playing this,
meaning if you don’t explicitly refuse FUSC,
they aren’t adding you to this list.

meaning they want you to make the connection
tween FUSC & refund, even though you might
have been entitled to FUSC via separate program?

for me, I was entitled to FUSC via early perf/PUP.

I probably won’t use SC at all unless I take a coastal trip,
as most of my travel involves airports!!!

I’m thinking tesla is playing this,
meaning if you don’t explicitly refuse FUSC,
they aren’t adding you to this list.

meaning they want you to make the connection
tween FUSC & refund, even though you might
have been entitled to FUSC via separate program?

for me, I was entitled to FUSC via early perf/PUP.

I probably won’t use SC at all unless I take a coastal trip,
as most of my travel involves airports!!!
Maybe. I could see them doing it quietly for those who ask and not being proactive. I'm happy to trade free SC as that is only worth a couple hundred a year to me tops .

No kidding. My P3D- in the wet is almost scary.
During my first wet weather drive, I turned into an on ramp that I’ve never had an issue taking at 40mph in my GTi with worn tires. I immediately understeered at 30-35mph and almost went off the road.

My friend with a P3D+ has raved about wet weather capability. One of the main reasons I didn’t opt for the + given my concerns over wet weather capability. Needless to say to know that I could have had better handling in wet conditions AND have gotten $5k back AND have gotten Track Mode.