Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

What happens when charging reaches charging limit

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I

Again I am not asking about scheduled charging...
I am really wondering what is wrong with you. You asked if it will keep it topped up at the limit, and the answer of yes or no literally is different depending on whether you have any of the scheduled charging settings enabled or not. So your getting angry and objecting about people including that necessary information in the answers is blowing my mind.

Reactions: flixden
am really wondering what is wrong with you
Again I'm not asking about scheduled charging...in case you have not realised the question was whether the battery will be kept at whatever the SoC is when charging is manually stopped - even when SoC is below 50%, when charging plug is connected.

As you know scheduled charging does not charge to a charging limit - it's time based.

• Disagree
Reactions: Rocky_H
Again I'm not asking about scheduled charging...in case you have not realised the question was whether the battery will be kept at whatever the SoC is when charging is manually stopped - even when SoC is below 50%, when charging plug is connected.

As you know scheduled charging does not charge to a charging limit - it's time based.
I would recommend you try it out! 👍🏻
And let us know what you find!

@jcanoe
Again, I am not asking about the characteristics of scheduled charging.

And again I am also not asking about scheduled preconditioning.

I am only asking whether the vehicle will maintain the SoC when the charging plug is connected after charging is manually stopped.

Repeat - this has nothing to do with Scheduled charging or recommencing charging.
Why don't you try it and find out?

It was already answered but some people keep persisting with the Scheduled Charging answer......🤣
They persist with it because:
I already use scheduled charging
But again that was not related to the question🤣
After you repeatedly saying you weren’t asking about scheduled charging. Just because you don’t ask about it doesn’t mean that it doesn’t factor into the answer to your question.

If you are using scheduled charging and push stop below 50%, the car will not keep the charge topped up to where you stop but it will resume charging when your schedule allows.

Say your charge percent is set at 60 and you have scheduled charging starting at 10pm. You plug in at 2pm at 20% and force the charge to start then stop at 40% at 4pm. It will not add any additional charge if your car uses energy until 10pm when it will resume scheduled charging and charge to 60%.

• Helpful
Reactions: Rocky_H and flixden
Again I'm not asking about scheduled charging.
Do you or do you not have scheduled charging active? It’s a simple question that you need to answer. The answer to this question changes the answer to your original question. The question you are asking does not exist in a vacuum. You need to tell all the relevant information. If you don’t understand this or aren’t willing to accept it, an EV probably isn’t for you or you shouldn’t be asking for help then telling the people who are trying to help you that they don’t know what they are talking about. Since you have to ask, you don’t know so you can’t tell people how to answer your question. That means that you know and you wouldn’t need to ask for help.

• Helpful
Reactions: Rocky_H and flixden

This is not true.

I think your question was answered.
It was already answered but people keep mentioning scheduled charging which was not my question

It sounds like what you're saying is:

"I got my answer, now everyone stop talking immediately, especially about this specific topic that I'm disgruntled about."

I'm baffled at your need to control every aspect of the conversation. The question you asked can only be fully answered for all cases when one addresses the scheduled charging aspect.

Which is not related to scheduled charging
Says you with a very narrow mindset of what you. are sasking without telling us all the relevant information. The fact that multiple people here (where you came to ask the question) are telling you that scheduled charging is very much an issue when it comes to answering the question you asked means that you don't fully understand the question you asked and either aren't willing to accept that other factors are involved or are too stubborn to admit that the answer didn't match what you expected which you are taking to mean that we are saying you are wrong so therefore our answer is wrong and we don't know what we are talking about. If that is how you feel, why would you ask questions in a public forum where the likelihood of us patting you on the back and validating what you think will happen is quite low? If it was just one person chiming in about scheduled charging while no one else brought it up, yes discount it. However, many people have said it will affect the answer to your question, that means it is part of the answer whether you like it or not. If you don't want it to be part of the answer, then turn it off and tell us that you don't use scheduled charging. Simple.

• Love
Again, I am not asking scheduled charging....Nor am I asking for a solution.
The question was answered back in post #6 in case you didnt know....
It is only solved if you unplug the car before your scheduled charging starts. If you leave it plugged in, it will charge so saying it wont charge if you stop it below 50% is a false answer given the conditions you presented. If you don't understand this, try it. Leave scheduled charging on, plug you car in below 50%, force it to start and then stop it below 50 and see what happens when your scheduled charging window comes around.

• Helpful