Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

When do older models get HW3?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I guess it’s been about a year since Tesla wrote to me and offered An FSD upgrade for 2k. I originally took delivery in September 2018. Now I am reading about these cool visualizations coming including stop signs etc but I’ve not been contacted for the HW3 upgrade. Will they get around to this at some point?

...at some point?

Sure. That's the key!

However, owners have been reporting that if they bring their cars in for some service like annual maintenance or for something else broken, Tesla has been automatically swapping the old computer out for HW3.

So, if you are in a hurry, you might want to make up an excuse to bring your car to a Service Center.

Yes, nobody knows when. There's been no plan communicated. They probably don't have one.

Meanwhile, earlier that very day...

hw3timing.jpg

I asked the service center if HW3 was possible after my recent tire rotation service? Answer was no. And that HW3 installs were scheduled in VIN number order and I would be called when my number came up. It seemed a little odd to me. Who would call? How are the VIN numbers ordered? I didn’t press it. Kind of wish i did.

• Funny
Reactions: AlanSubie4Life