Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

When Is Midnight Cherry Red Coming to the USA?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Does anyone know if and/or when Midnight Cherry Red is coming to the USA? My wife absolutely loves the color and would very much like me to buy her a Model Y (LR/AWD) in that color.

(Sorry if there is already a thread for this. I searched but could not find a thread with this exact question.)

I love the color too! Trouble is, the USA doesn’t have a paint shop that can do Midnight Cherry Red. Berlin GF was designed with a new paint shop, so it can produce the new red and silver. Until Tesla updates Fremont (difficult without impacting current production) or builds a new GF (possible Mexico may get the updated shop, but I haven’t seen anything about it) you’d have to order a MY from Germany. Or wrap a local one.

Last edited:
Reactions: JHCCAZ
Upvote 0
My wife loves it too. If it does come here I think her next car will be a 3 😁
Way cool. My wife has been driving my Model Y a lot lately. We have a 2021 HONDA Odyssey EX-L, which is a great car, but it’s not an EV and it’s not a TESLA! Driving a TESLA is just a superior driving experience, ya know??? Plus, my operating cost per mile for my Model Y is only $0.0333/mi compared to $0.1667/mi for the 2021 HONDA Odyssey. (That does not include the cost of tires because my Model Y still has the original tires. With such savings, why wouldn’t we drive the Model Y everywhere we can!??? As soon as Midnight Cherry Red comes to the USA, we will sell the HONDA Odyssey and buy another Model Y for my wife. Hoping I’ll be able to get a Cybertruck this year, but it’s unlikely.

Upvote 0
When/if midnight cherry red comes to the states, think it’ll be just for the Y? I’d like a Plaid in MCR with the track pack painting the calipers Ferrari Yellow (slight mustard tone).
I would like to think so. However, logically, we know that not all models are manufactured in the same plants, so I can see it being tied to what models a given gigafactory is manufacturing, whereas that particular gigafactory might have adopted Midnight Cherry as an optional paint color.

Upvote 0