Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

When is your Dual Motor All-Wheel Drive due for delivery, mine is in late 2018?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
You can find your estimated delivery date now
Tesla SSO - Login

Unless a winter package is offered as a la carte in the far future :) , I think I will have to opt for the Premium Upgrades Package - $5,000 if only for the heated seats but at least the glass roof is thrown in but no sign of it being an adjustable sunroof.

I was wondering what your estimated delivery dates are for those most likely opting for Dual Motor All-Wheel Drive? I am quite certain I will opt for AWD if only because I want it a little bit more surefooted in rain, shine and winter.

Reactions: CarlitoDoc
Sep to Nov 2018 for me. 3/31 reservation holder, first-time purchaser. Between possibly losing tax credits and having to buy the premium package just to get heated seats and fog lights, the numbers will be very tight for me since I need the long-range model for my use case. Here's hoping they're being overly pessimistic! Plan B was always to get another hybrid, but I really don't want to have to go to Plan B. :oops:

• Informative
Reactions: internalaudit
Sept to Nov 2018 for us, and that doesn't take into account our strong desire to get Ludicrous. Early (third in line) 3/31 reservation, non owner, non employee east coast.

A bit disappointed that we may only get 25% of federal tax credit. Hopefully we will take advantage of the extra time to save up more of the purchase price.

• Informative
Sept to Nov 2018 for us, and that doesn't take into account our strong desire to get Ludicrous. Early (third in line) 3/31 reservation, non owner, non employee east coast.

A bit disappointed that we may only get 25% of federal tax credit. Hopefully we will take advantage of the extra time to save up more of the purchase price.
Ludicrous has not even been mentioned.

I went to the site and is says "Sept to Nov 2018" for a dual motor version? I waited in line for ABSOLUTELY NO REASON.

I am truly a fan of Tesla - however that's absolutely horrible.

Wait....the Dual motor option has 2 options 220 or 310 mile range. What's the advantage of dual motors then?

No tax credits at all.

I had better stop typing now.

That is so bad having almost a similar delivery date as me when I put in my reservation 15 minutes into the unveiling and I am in Canada.

I think they should only prioritize the first 50k (or fewer/less) of reservations (non-owner) on the west coast and open up the queue to people like yourself in the Midwest.

I don't mind waiting as I am still open to BEV alternatives but would definitely like dual motors.