Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

When is your Dual Motor All-Wheel Drive due for delivery, mine is in late 2018?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Two reservations made on 3/31 in the AM at the store. Own one Tesla, Southern California.
Screenshot_20170729-081957.png
Screenshot_20170729-082008.png

• Informative
Reactions: internalaudit
Reserved at 10AM in store at Bellevue on 3/31/2016.
So, we're on the West coast, a Tesla owner and a fairly early reserver. I think that it was about reservation number 30K before they replaced the actual order number and replaced it with a non ordered
sequence number.

View attachment 238450
Same here. I selected the AWD version though. Hopefully that would encourage Tesla to release the AWD sooner than later.

Hopefully they are setting expectations low so they can exceed them rather than the other way around. I'm not able to get into mytesla (it just takes me back to the main page) so I don't know what mine says but from previous posts I would expect July '18 to Sept '18. I really wanted AWD but if I would have to wait that long there's no way I'm doing that. I didn't drive 6 hours round trip and wait in line a couple hours to lose out on half the tax credit. Plus my current lease is up in March so that would put me in a tough spot. So much for taking care of the line waiters. :mad: I don't understand how current orders will be delivered late 2018 when a 3/31 10:30 AM order will be delivered as late as September. This really leaves a bad taste in my mouth.

Last edited:
  • Informative
Interesting, if you were first in line, "estimated" deliver time is only significantly different if you order the 1st production model. My AWD would be early 2019, not bad! Like most have mentioned, it's nice to see "issues" sorted out first. However, I will be jealous everytime I see one on the road. 1st world problems :rolleyes:

Sept-Nov 2018 - 3/31 waited in line, east coast, non-owner

I'm not sure what I am going to do. I really wanted a car that can compete with a BMW M3 but do I really "need" that level of that performance. It is not clear to me that the dual motors will get me there or not. Besides, as I get older I drive more and more like grandma. I do want the tax credit and as I think about how often I will need the performance and AWD, it pushes me toward a RWD vehicle. One of the more important issues for me is more basic, how comfortable is the back seat for a 6 foot tall adult.

First world problems.

• Informative
Hopefully they are setting expectations low so they can exceed them rather than the other way around. I'm not able to get into mytesla (it just takes me back to the main page) so I don't know what mine says but from previous posts I would expect July '18 to Sept '18. I really wanted AWD but if I would have to wait that long there's no way I'm doing that. I didn't drive 6 hours round trip to wait in line a couple hours to lose out on half the tax credit. Plus my current lease is up in March so that would put me in a tough spot. So much for taking care of the line waiters. :mad: I don't understand how current orders will be delivered late 2018 when a 3/31 10:30 AM order will be delivered as late as September. This really leaves a bad taste in my mouth.

Quite possible. Stock price gets some boost for earlier sales and deliveries, not for product delays.

Hopefully they are setting expectations low so they can exceed them rather than the other way around. I'm not able to get into mytesla (it just takes me back to the main page) so I don't know what mine says but from previous posts I would expect July '18 to Sept '18. I really wanted AWD but if I would have to wait that long there's no way I'm doing that. I didn't drive 6 hours round trip to wait in line a couple hours to lose out on half the tax credit. Plus my current lease is up in March so that would put me in a tough spot. So much for taking care of the line waiters. :mad: I don't understand how current orders will be delivered late 2018 when a 3/31 10:30 AM order will be delivered as late as September. This really leaves a bad taste in my mouth.
Try the Link instead of My Tesla.

Listen folks.

It doesn't seem to matter whether or not you waited in line or not.

It does seem to make a difference if you live in California or not.

It doesn't not seem to matter if you are a current owner or not.

It does seem to matter if you are an employee or not. ( see reveal from yesterday ).

It does seem to matter if you want dual motor or not.

All of these things above seem to make a difference as to when you get your car.

Is it because of CARB credits? It is California-centric so maybe Tesla is getting lots of State incentives? Oh well.

=====

I will just save my preference for the AWD. Doesn't matter what I choose anyway, might as well choose the one I like the best.

Also, the more people opt for AWD, the earlier Tesla will have to do some retooling of the assembly plants.

Edit:
Your selection will not affect your place in line --> sounds like people who want First Production will get precedence. :)

I went to the site and is says "Sept to Nov 2018" for a dual motor version? I waited in line for ABSOLUTELY NO REASON.

I am truly a fan of Tesla - however that's absolutely horrible.

Wait....the Dual motor option has 2 options 220 or 310 mile range. What's the advantage of dual motors then?

No tax credits at all.

I had better stop typing now.

Yes I feel the same way. I camped out for 14 hours for the chance to be an early adopter. I'm going to get performance all wheel drive however long that takes. Oh well FWP I guess.

For me it is Nov 2017 to Jan 2018 for rear drive extended range and Sep 2018 to Nov 2018 for all wheel drive. I camped out on 3/30/16 to reserve in Walnut Creek CA. I'll be waiting for all wheel drive performance whenever that comes out.

Are you an owner? If not, yours is the first dates we have seen in CA showing the difference between owner and not.

And it means I did get preferential owner status even though I became an owner after the reveal in Dec 2016.

Went mid-day 3/31/16 to the Burlingame CA location to reserve, and am being shown Nov-Jan 17 for RWD Extended and Sep-Nov for AWD. Like many, this is First Word disappointment. Done many Kickstarters and this does have that feeling now to it.

I'm patient enough to wait till next Sep to get an AWD, but I am really keen for the P AWD. In some respects though its probably best to wait out all production bugs that surely will show. The only thing that kinda irks me is the likelyhood I'll only get a token Fed rebate. That and the leather or lack of leather decision Tesla made.

• Informative