Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

When is your Dual Motor All-Wheel Drive due for delivery, mine is in late 2018?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Mine - Dual Motor is late next year. What a disappointment.

reservation.jpg

I have a fear that Tesla would read my "saved" preference and push me out to 2019 or 2020 for my disappointment.

This isn't accelerating the advancement of sustainable transport at all.

This is "slow walking" the advancement of sustainable transport.
It says that this won't impact when you are sent an invitation.

But, more importantly, they are probably using this data to determine the popularity of each package. So if a ton of people are saying they have a preference for AWD, they may start production sooner.

Ludicrous has not even been mentioned.
Well, I hope we can assume all 'P's have L, just like on S and X, but, with the weird options we're seeing, who knows. But, yes, there's no timeframe for the P version. What was Elon's last 'schedule' for that, 6 months, meaning next Spring, meaning, who knows what.

He also said D would be (finally) the first of 2018 (after saying late 2017). Is anyone getting anything close to that? I don't see that.

Reactions: internalaudit
Well, I hope we can assume all 'P's have L, just like on S and X, but, with the weird options we're seeing, who knows. But, yes, there's no timeframe for the P version. What was Elon's last 'schedule' for that, 6 months, meaning next Spring, meaning, who knows what.

He also said D would be (finally) the first of 2018 (after saying late 2017). Is anyone getting anything close to that? I don't see that.
I would almost guarantee that NO ONE will get a D in the spring of 2018.

Exactly. That late 2017/first part of 2018 is now sounding completely BS. People were thinking Christmas, lol.

Heck, *this* is the way to anti-sell the 3, push all the dates way out!
I don't know. The "Hype, Promise, Exaggerate, More Hype...Disappoint...Move On..." cycle seems to work really well for EM. He continues to get a pass from the rabid faithful. Rinse, repeat.

Add 6-12 months, and a 25% disappointment factor to everything you are hearing. Glad I cancelled.