Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

When should I reach out to Delivery Advisor?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
So you just stopped by SC with no appointment to check on things? I was afraid to do that with so many delivieries happening.
It's only 45 min away for me and was thinking of doing the same, the day before.

Good luck tomorrow.

P.S. You have PUP and 19" in your signature (those are mutually exclusive). PUP implies 20" Wheels.

No issue stopping by! It's actually pretty fun. Model 3s stacked on top of eachother and many others just roaming around looking at VINs. It helps that it's about 1/4 mile from my office!

As for the abbreviations, yes they can be confusing, but PUP refers to the Premium Upgrade Package described here:
Tesla Model 3 Premium Upgrades Package: Here’s What You Get | Inverse
They call it Premium Interior now and it's "included"...power seats, glass roof, premium audio, etc.

The package you're referring to is the Performance Model Upgrade package. 20" wheels, carbon fiber spoiler, etc.

No issue stopping by! It's actually pretty fun. Model 3s stacked on top of eachother and many others just roaming around looking at VINs. It helps that it's about 1/4 mile from my office!

As for the abbreviations, yes they can be confusing, but PUP refers to the Premium Upgrade Package described here:
Tesla Model 3 Premium Upgrades Package: Here’s What You Get | Inverse
They call it Premium Interior now and it's "included"...power seats, glass roof, premium audio, etc.

The package you're referring to is the Performance Model Upgrade package. 20" wheels, carbon fiber spoiler, etc.

Thanks for the correction.

So did you find your car, do they have time to point you in the right direction or were you on your own?

I was able to reach the Sales Person that I test drove the car with. (not my delivery advisor).

He did confirm the car is in Rhode Island with an ETA to arrive in Dedham, MA Tuesday. So that all looks good.

So I think I'll wait at least another day and confirm the car is there before insuring or getting a certified check or wiring.
With luck maybe my Deliver Advisor will contact me.

What is happening is normally a Delivery Adviser calls to schedule your appointment and you can ask questions then.
Now they have Appointment Makers. That's all they do, nothing else and cannot answer any questions.

Congrats! I hope all goes well with your delivery!

Thanks for the correction.

So did you find your car, do they have time to point you in the right direction or were you on your own?

Just roamed around on my own. Cars jammed in back, in detail, across the street in a vacant lot and on transport trucks that are coming 3-4 per day. That said, it really wasn't that hard. The only person I talked to was the sales person that I met on my first walk-in mid-July. He was able to look up my VIN, confirm that the car rolled off the line 9/19 and that there were no other customers associated with it. That system also said however that it was still in transit and there was no local DA assigned to it yet.

I never ended up visiting ahead of schedule. I wasn't 100% sure the car was there yet.
About 2 days ago I get a Text MSG at midnight from Tesla

"We found a match, can you take delivery Sept 26-30"

I was really pissed. They don't know I already have appointment which shows in my account.
I don't know if this was my assigned Delivery Advisor or not.

I replied I already have an appointment, but I was open to picking it up sooner.
No reply.
I send another message "Anyone there, hello?"
No reply.

Next morning still nothing. I send a message that "I was thinking of paying early via ACH and due to non response I'm not going to now"
I was serious. This exchange put doubt in my head that my VIN was real and my appointment was solid.

So I spent the last day dealing with insurance (today). Well the online quote I did before ordering was WAY off from the REAL quote.
It went from $1400/yr with 2 cars, one being the M3 to $2150. I was so upset, I was almost ready to cancel (and risk losing deposit).

I was really upset that I could not communicate with anyone to confirm VIN was clear to insure, car was actually there, ok to pay each after inspection etc.

So we managed to get insurance all sorted out but a co-worker thought they may have already called my old insurance company and registered new plates against it. Or they planned to.

So I really had to reach them. Tried Delivery Center for the 20th time in the past week and they picked up on the 2nd ring !!!

They took care of everything. Car is there, took insurance policy, VIN is right, pay with ACH after inspection, all good.

Then about 2 hours later I get a reply from that text msg thread with my semi "I'm not so happy" reply (12 hours later).
And their reply was "thanks for responding so promptly and welcome to Tesla Family".

Grrr.

Sorry you’re having a difficult time with delivery @mswlogo. I’ll post more later, but now on my second day with my Model 3 and I am absolutely over the top!! The final delivery was super easy and comfortable, lots of time to look over the car. It was flawless! I really think these forums are problem magnets. It is fine to help people work through issues, but not representative of most people.

My main tip at your delivery...go out of your way to compliment the staff on their hard work. They really are doing all they can and were authentically appreciative of the recognition.

Enjoy your car! It is truely amazing!

• Helpful
Reactions: Sg911
Day one joy ride! Alpine Loop (Utah)

Attachments

• 20180925_125558.jpg
    20180925_125558.jpg
    584.2 KB · Views: 63
  • Love
Sorry you’re having a difficult time with delivery @mswlogo. I’ll post more later, but now on my second day with my Model 3 and I am absolutely over the top!! The final delivery was super easy and comfortable, lots of time to look over the car. It was flawless! I really think these forums are problem magnets. It is fine to help people work through issues, but not representative of most people.

My main tip at your delivery...go out of your way to compliment the staff on their hard work. They really are doing all they can and were authentically appreciative of the recognition.

Enjoy your car! It is truely amazing!

I agree. The forum waiting room is part of the problem. But I think it also helped avoid a lot of problems.

Reactions: 1deepthink
Got the car. Almost perfect.

First, to warn others, they DID NOT like the idea of test driving before paying.

They mumbled stuff about liability, insurance, highly unusual. I could of pushed for it, but didn't because the car looked great.

I used this http://www.teslachecklists.com/model-3-delivery-checklist/ as well as a few added things I picked up on this site.
Because they don't assign your phone etc. before you pay up I could not do everything.

Also I was taking my time going through the list and I was almost done, it was only like 10 minutes.
The advisor, politely asked "are you done yet". With a slight tone of, I have zillion more customers coming.
I know they are crazy busy, but it's also an $80k car (and company) I'm taking a risk on.

I did find there was missing plastic rivets in both rear wheel wells. They were missing on the car next to mine as well.
I asked about it, and they never heard about it, came back 5 minutes later and popped them in.

I put the car in Creep, Chill and Low Regeneration. I didn't want to adjust to, to many things at once.
That really makes it feel like a "normal" car.

When I got to work, a co-worker that knows more about these cars than I do spotted one tail light slightly misaligned.
I looked for it and didn't notice before I left. But he caught it instantly. I'll probably leave it. If it ain't broke, don't fix it.

50 mile drive home went smooth.

I popped one wheel cover off to show someone and went to put it back on and one the clips went flying off.
I wouldn't want to be putting those things off and on and more than needed.

• Helpful

First, to warn others, they DID NOT like the idea of test driving before paying.

They mumbled stuff about liability, insurance, highly unusual. I could of pushed for it, but didn't because the car looked great.

I used this http://www.teslachecklists.com/model-3-delivery-checklist/ as well as a few added things I picked up on this site.
Because they don't assign your phone etc. before you pay up I could not do everything.

Also I was taking my time going through the list and I was almost done, it was only like 10 minutes.
The advisor, politely asked "are you done yet". With a slight tone of, I have zillion more customers coming.
I know they are crazy busy, but it's also an $80k car (and company) I'm taking a risk on.

I did find there was missing plastic rivets in both rear wheel wells. They were missing on the car next to mine as well.
I asked about it, and they never heard about it, came back 5 minutes later and popped them in.

I put the car in Creep, Chill and Low Regeneration. I didn't want to adjust to, to many things at once.

When I got to work, a co-worker that knows more about these cars than I do spotted one tail light slightly misaligned.
I looked for it and didn't notice before I left. But he caught it instantly. I'll probably leave it. If it ain't broke, don't fix it.

I popped one wheel cover off to show someone and went to put it back on and one the clips went flying off.
Congrats!!! I'm *crosses fingers* still on for tomorrow.

Congrats!!! I'm *crosses fingers* still on for tomorrow.

It's good it's not the weekend.

Morning appointment?

Going in the morning worked out great.

BTW, there were cars all scattered around with 9:30AM, 7PM, 11AM etc. easily 20 or so.

Also the front plate is a double sided sticky tape. No holes.

The guy asked if I wanted the front bracket on at all? Since it was just double sided tape I said yes.
He was just eye balling it. I asked, no template or anything eh? No I do this all day.
Got home and looked at it, it's off center by like 2 inches. Really !!

If they ask, SAY NO and do it yourself.

And I will NEVER let them put a badge or anything on after that move.

• Informative

Congratulations!! This is truly an incredible car!

By the way I was able to re-center my front plate bracket fairly easily.

Luckily he not only screwed it up horizontally he screwed it up vertically as well and it had very little contact with the tape.
That is, it came right off.

It actually took me a few shots at the right height to get it on properly.

Thank goodness he didn't have a drill.