Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

When the ACTUAL cybertruck pricing is released…,

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Citation? Or just a guess?
"Among the limitations for a car to be eligible for the tax credit would be its price — no more than $55,000 for sedans and $80,000 for SUVs and trucks."

Reactions: Suns_PSD
"Among the limitations for a car to be eligible for the tax credit would be its price — no more than $55,000 for sedans and $80,000 for SUVs and trucks."
Doesn't really mean much.

Tesla has no problem selling without a Government handout …… they won’t have a problem selling this above 80k… well the only problem will be all those resellers who paid $100 for reservation
At some price point, it will have an issue of scaling up sales. They'll need to either lower the price or introduce cheaper models or both. If Rivian manages to scale up production and make the UI work well, I will have a really hard look at both Rivian and CT. Rivian looks good and different enough compared to other generic trucks like F-150. If Tesla makes some glorious bull$hit our of the CT and sells it at or above Rivian's price, I'd go with Rivian, so miscalculations are still possible.

At some price point, it will have an issue of scaling up sales. They'll need to either lower the price or introduce cheaper models or both. If Rivian manages to scale up production and make the UI work well, I will have a really hard look at both Rivian and CT. Rivian looks good and different enough compared to other generic trucks like F-150. If Tesla makes some glorious bull$hit our of the CT and sells it at or above Rivian's price, I'd go with Rivian, so miscalculations are still possible.

What’s “Generic” about the Lightning?

I understand, perhaps the upcoming Chevy Avalanche is better styled.

But the CT has no need to sell under $80k and I don’t believe it will be. I see $90k as the possible starting point if not $100k
You think there's potential that the CT STARTS at $100k? As in lowest range, dual-motor?

I'm not saying it's impossible, but at that starting point they'd sell a few thousand per year and it would be a failure.

I do believe there will be a 100k+ Plaid variant, but there will also be a more affordable option for the masses.

You think there's potential that the CT STARTS at $100k? As in lowest range, dual-motor?

I'm not saying it's impossible, but at that starting point they'd sell a few thousand per year and it would be a failure.

I do believe there will be a 100k+ Plaid variant, but there will also be a more affordable option for the masses.

Why would it be a failure? The CT was never meant to be a Truck for the masses. The original starting price was always meant to entice people to loan $100 to Tesla. There is no incentive for Tesla to undercut the Model 3 or Y with a bigger vehicle with more range that’s cheaper.

Why would it be a failure? The CT was never meant to be a Truck for the masses. The original starting price was always meant to entice people to loan $100 to Tesla. There is no incentive for Tesla to undercut the Model 3 or Y with a bigger vehicle with more range that’s cheaper.
That is the exact opposite of everything Elon and Tesla has said about the CT. It's is meant to be mass produced and their best selling vehicle.

If it were selling like the MS or MX (about 20k per year) it would absolutely be considered a failure.

Again, next to 0 chance the lowest trim is over 100k...not impossible, but close.

I'd be willing to bet the dual-motor will be under 80k. And we don't know what the range of each trim will be.

That is the exact opposite of everything Elon and Tesla has said about the CT. It's is meant to be mass produced and their best selling vehicle.

If it were selling like the MS or MX (about 20k per year) it would absolutely be considered a failure.

Again, next to 0 chance the lowest trim is over 100k...not impossible, but close.

I'd be willing to bet the dual-motor will be under 80k. And we don't know what the range of each trim will be.

Elon is smoking too much if he thinks the CT will be their best selling vehicle. A lot of people are in for a rude awakening when they get into this massive beast. I see a lot of used CT’s in the near future.

Elon is smoking too much if he thinks the CT will be their best selling vehicle. A lot of people are in for a rude awakening when they get into this massive beast. I see a lot of used CT’s in the near future.
Elon loves to speak in hyperbole, true, but still they designed and intended to make the CT more affordable via manufacturing to mass produce.

While I do believe the 4 wheel PLAID will be really expensive, just because it can be and will sell to the 15-25k per year, most of the models will be targeting mass sales.

Elon loves to speak in hyperbole, true, but still they designed and intended to make the CT more affordable via manufacturing to mass produce.

While I do believe the 4 wheel PLAID will be really expensive, just because it can be and will sell to the 15-25k per year, most of the models will be targeting mass sales.

Well hopefully they won’t have us waiting too much longer