Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

When to apply for financing?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Ordered model Y AWD on 7/16. Delivery estimate was 4-8 weeks at the time. When should I apply for the financing through Tesla website? I don’t want to have to reapply if delivery gets delayed and take a second hit in my credit report...

Also, anybody in Texas who can share some tips for financing. My delivery advisor told me in Texas Tesla only works with Alliant Credit Union. So if I want to go with anybody else I have to arrange my loan myself. True?

many thanks!!

Ordered model Y AWD on 7/16. Delivery estimate was 4-8 weeks at the time. When should I apply for the financing through Tesla website? I don’t want to have to reapply if delivery gets delayed and take a second hit in my credit report...

Also, anybody in Texas who can share some tips for financing. My delivery advisor told me in Texas Tesla only works with Alliant Credit Union. So if I want to go with anybody else I have to arrange my loan myself. True?

many thanks!!
Financing good for 3 months
I used Tesla and got a good rate.
You will probably get ur car in about 4 to 6 weeks but *sugar* happens.
Perhaps sooner.

Reactions: Mooroo
I applied the same day I placed my order. I was all set to use my military credit union but Tesla came back with an offer from US Bank that matched my military CU so I'm going that route. That part was easy, maybe less than 4 hours start to finish.

Reactions: Mooroo
I applied for Tesla and got 2.49 through Wells Fargo. Do I need to accept to get a VIN? I am currently also in process of applying for DCU and got approved for 1.75, but need to wait a few days to get membership approved. Also, Tesla customer service says expect car within 5 days. Who do I need to contact to try to get a lower rate directly through Tesla?